Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might be too off topic but I sense that I'm not the only one invested in NVDA. And NVDA/MBLY developements seem to correlate somewhat with TSLA.

"Citron closes NVIDIA short, shifts focus to Mobileye Andrew Left's Citron Research said via Twitter, "Updating our $NVDA call....switching focus to $MBLY Ridiculous comparison We expect $MBLY to trade short term $35. Insiders tell the story." The short-selling firm said it is closing its short position in NVIDIA (NVDA) and transferring it to shares of Mobileye (MBLY). Citron has a short-term target of $35 for Mobileye shares. It added that NVIDIA shares are now closer to its $90 price target. Mobileye in early trading is down 4% to $46.35."

Wonder if this may be their sentiment with TSLA as well. NVDA and TSLA patterns are remarkably similar for the recent past.

SNAP is likely to go up for the very short period maybe next 21 trading days or next 2 months based on my study of IPO bases. I expect 40 to 80% profit from Current price of $22.50 which would take it to anywhere from $30 to $40 over the next 21 days to next 2 months
At this time I do not consider it a long term investment simply a trade for a quick profit
I will not overstay my welcome in SNAP
I own common as well as calls
I'm hoping to make quick profits with SNAP and sell it as soon as the time comes whereas Tesla is a stock to keep long term

Last edited:
Reactions: TMSE
This local article today argues for complement sectors to TSLA:

"Invest in simple chip and Tesla
Tesla, semiconductors and chip becomes increasingly heated. Here's an easy way to invest in all of this: specific ETFs.

Just as the steam engine drove the industrial revolution forward in the 1800s, the semiconductor - the main constituent of the chip and circuit board - pushed the modern information revolution. ...

One of the
major drivers of semiconductor companies, the electric car, which is also one of the strongest consumer trends today. An electric car is among the coolest thing that you can take. Much is due to luxury car Tesla. ...

For semiconductor companies, the
electric car trend is crucial. An electric vehicle is about five times as many computer chips built like a car with a combustion engine. As the transition occurs, the orders from car manufacturers to increase market among semiconductor companies. But it can be difficult to choose the right semiconductor companies to invest in. In addition, valuations are already very high in the sector. ...

Investors who want to minimize the company-specific risk, yet catch on digitization trend can easily invest in several semiconductor companies at a stroke. Because there are several excellent sector-specific ETFs investing in semiconductor companies. Most are American. ..."

Google Translate:
Google Translate

One-day sale going on today in NVDA due to inane analyst downgrade and overreaction.

What I think is funny is it's not reflective at all about my recent experience trying to get an NVidia card.

At work I needed a Pascal Based TitanX, but NVidia didn't have stock.

At home I wanted an NVidia GTX 1080 TI, but every single online retailer was out of all brands.

I also wanted a Nintendo Switch (which has NVidia inside), and I can't seem to find one.

The only thing I managed to get a hold of was a TX2 development kit.

I have no clue when I'll sell the stock. I bought it early last year intending for a long term position, but it kept going up. Now it's just hanging out around $100 -> $110. I'll probably buy more if it dips below $90.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
So AI is suppose to be the next big thing... Anybody has some thoughts on how to play this ?

Off the top of my head I can think of :

1) IBM with Watson.
2) Google with Deepmind.

In each case they are such a small part of a big company, But again AI is like at it's early stages...

Is there an AI promising pure play out there ?

Would like to know what the community thinks.

Top Stocks to Buy in Artificial Intelligence -- The Motley Fool

With gigafactories on the horizon, and now Solar City getting into manufacturing and the justification for it, I thought that the favored supplier of factory robotics might be in for a bit of positive fallout. Those pretty things on the Tesla factory floor are made by Kuka (KUKAF OTC). I still remember at the launch party of the Fremont factory, they had a big robot "dancing", and a little girl dancing in front of it. Anyway, I'm in, we'll see where it goes.

(Remember, limit orders only for pink sheet stocks!)
Note the date on that posting... nearly three years ago. (Oops; doesn't show the date: June 17 2014.) I got my shares at $57.26. Unfortunately I sold them last year, after they seemed to have stagnated, at $92.83, for a 24% CAGR. (Switched to FANUF after the Gigafactory opening, that is also showing 24% CAGR.) Today I bought back in at $116.75. Now these stocks are in my long-term hold basket.

What I think is funny is it's not reflective at all about my recent experience trying to get an NVidia card.

At home I wanted an NVidia GTX 1080 TI, but every single online retailer was out of all brands.

I also wanted a Nintendo Switch (which has NVidia inside), and I can't seem to find one.

I have no clue when I'll sell the stock. I bought it early last year intending for a long term position, but it kept going up. Now it's just hanging out around $100 -> $110. I'll probably buy more if it dips below $90.
Hope you held. I did, and have some calls to cash in between now and August. Rock on.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS and AlMc

Agree with @Cattledog, hope you held. Thanks for this post, it really showed how the analysts at that time didn't seem to have a clue. I convinced my wife to buy more NVDA today before ER (converted our low buy limit to a market order, which we rarely do). Now for the next leg up. Remember NVDA chips will be M3. NVDA will now be able to be used with Apple products. There is more and more emphasis on AI... The list goes on...

Reactions: Missile Toad
So AI is suppose to be the next big thing... Anybody has some thoughts on how to play this ?

Off the top of my head I can think of :

1) IBM with Watson.
2) Google with Deepmind.

In each case they are such a small part of a big company, But again AI is like at it's early stages...

Is there an AI promising pure play out there ?

Would like to know what the community thinks.

Top Stocks to Buy in Artificial Intelligence -- The Motley Fool

the problem with so many of these "AI" approaches is that they need gobs and gobs of data, so finding a company that has potential on AI tech alone seems unlikely, and it's the larger companies that have a different core business that are making differentiated products based on machine learning/AI tech.