Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the place to talk about ArkG free falling after hours?

There may be something important going on, but another possibility is that the trading is often very light on the ARK ETFs after hours and big swings are possible. Two of ARKK's biggest holdings (ARKK was down heavily in after hours too) are TSLA and SQ, and they both had strong days today.

• Helpful
Reactions: UCF3
So I recently have found a potential multi-bagger. Trading as a low volume penny stock at 1 billion dollar market cap currently but the potential to me is huge.

The company is Fiverr, ticker FVRR.

This is a freelancer service hub in which connecting people of talent with small businesses or patrons who require such services. Services include programming, graphic design, song writing, commercials, translating, artists, etc etc. I found out about this website from youtube content creators who post contents such as "I spent 100 dollars on Fiverr on a painting and this is what I got" type. Looking at the competition, Fiverr seems to be leading on growth due to universal acceptance from millenials.

Future potential is having this to be the 4th leading eCommerce website to fill the final area of monitized commodity, which is talent(Amazon, Ebay, and Etsy being the other big 3 for goods, auction, and crafts). Imagine small businesses and people start using this site as a tool to help them with being a start up, or outsourcing tasks that normally would require massive expense if done in house. If I want to start a coffee shop down the street corner, I can have someone on Fiverr create me a logo, draw up a business card, produce a commercial, make me a website, and program me an app. All can be outsourced with a click of a button. The potential is huge if Fiverr becomes the universal go to website for out sourcing.

IPOed 3 quarters ago, currently losing money and guided for a loss in 2020, growth rate is 40%. 2.4 million active buyers, revenue is just shy of 107 million in 2019. Margin is 79%. They did not guide down due to coronavirus and stock recently shot up.

Disclaimer, I have 10k of Fiverr stock and started accumulating just a week ago.

Congratulations. A week ago looks like a good time to have purchased, up 50% in the past week. I also recently saw some YouTube "ads" for the service, but did not even think to purchase shares. I'll definitely keep an eye on this. Thanks for the tip.
Yeah unfortunately I did not get all those gains. I only thought about this company when a friend asked me what else I would consider. It wasn't even on my radar but the thought just popped into my head.

So I recently have found a potential multi-bagger. Trading as a low volume penny stock at 1 billion dollar market cap currently but the potential to me is huge.

The company is Fiverr, ticker FVRR.

This is a freelancer service hub in which connecting people of talent with small businesses or patrons who require such services. Services include programming, graphic design, song writing, commercials, translating, artists, etc etc. I found out about this website from youtube content creators who post contents such as "I spent 100 dollars on Fiverr on a painting and this is what I got" type. Looking at the competition, Fiverr seems to be leading on growth due to universal acceptance from millenials.

Future potential is having this to be the 4th leading eCommerce website to fill the final area of monitized commodity, which is talent(Amazon, Ebay, and Etsy being the other big 3 for goods, auction, and crafts). Imagine small businesses and people start using this site as a tool to help them with being a start up, or outsourcing tasks that normally would require massive expense if done in house. If I want to start a coffee shop down the street corner, I can have someone on Fiverr create me a logo, draw up a business card, produce a commercial, make me a website, and program me an app. All can be outsourced with a click of a button. The potential is huge if Fiverr becomes the universal go to website for out sourcing.

IPOed 3 quarters ago, currently losing money and guided for a loss in 2020, growth rate is 40%. 2.4 million active buyers, revenue is just shy of 107 million in 2019. Margin is 79%. They did not guide down due to coronavirus and stock recently shot up.

Disclaimer, I have 10k of Fiverr stock and started accumulating just a week ago.
It's trading around $37 at the moment. What do you mean "Penny stock"*? Based in Israel. Growing, and consistently (well, for a limited time anyway) beats analysts' estimates. I won't hold it against you if I lose money.

*: Penny stock - Wikipedia, it doesn't meet any of the criteria to be a penny stock.

Reactions: mblakele
It's trading around $37 at the moment. What do you mean "Penny stock"*? Based in Israel. Growing, and consistently (well, for a limited time anyway) beats analysts' estimates. I won't hold it against you if I lose money.

*: Penny stock - Wikipedia, it doesn't meet any of the criteria to be a penny stock.
Don't look at the share price. Look at the market cap. Prior to last week it was a sub 1 billion dollar market cap company which puts it as a small cap company. For reference, Tesla is 130 times bigger (but the share price is not 130x 37 dollars). Too many people focus on the share price..if that's the case then Ford is a penny stock.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Don't look at the share price. Look at the market cap. Prior to last week it was a sub 1 billion dollar market cap company which puts it as a small cap company. For reference, Tesla is 130 times bigger (but the share price is not 130x 37 dollars). Too many people focus on the share price..if that's the case then Ford is a penny stock.

A penny stock is a company that trades at less than a $5 per share.

How Penny Stocks Trade and How Investors Can Buy Them

What Is a Penny Stock?
A penny stock refers to a small company's stock that typically trades for less than $5 per share. Although some penny stocks trade on large exchanges such as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), most penny stocks trade via over the counter (OTC) transactions

Some people use $1 as the limit instead of $5. (Market cap isn't used in determining penny stock status.)

Last edited:
Guess I never checked web traffic for Fiverr. It had 43 million visits in March. It's nearest competitor is upwork with 29 million visits. Freelancer.com has under 10 million and the rest are in the single digits. Compare this with Etsy that has over 200 million visits last month, and Ebay with over 700 million visits.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Guess I never checked web traffic for Fiverr. It had 43 million visits in March. It's nearest competitor is upwork with 29 million visits. Freelancer.com has under 10 million and the rest are in the single digits. Compare this with Etsy that has over 200 million visits last month, and Ebay with over 700 million visits.

Good stats for the company. Well positioned.

Reactions: mars_or_bust
I skimmed the last few pages of this thread... I didn't see anything super exciting like $TSLA. I feel like this was/is a once-in-a-lifetime oppertunity. Has anyone else found anything interesting?

I kind of like $BYND. But honestly, I'd rather invest in Impossible Foods since I prefer their product.
Both are interesting and beginning to tap a huge market in ways that could greatly negate CO2 emissions but I'm leery to invest in either for the long term as I don't see yet how their business models separate them from the burgeoning competition. I think ultimately most of the plant based meat alternatives will be supplanted by synthetic meat products grown in the lab. There are viable startups like Mosa meat working in this area but no public companies yet that I'm aware of...