Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to invest in ARKG, however, I have discovered that ARK does not offer their ETF's in Europe? Has anyone found a work-around?

There are options on ARK funds.

So if you are cleared for options trading you can get exposure through options. Synthetic longs for example.

I sold an ARKG JAN 15'21 Put with a 99.21 strike today just to test the waters.

• Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke
These days, its hard to read an article that doesnt mention Tesla. Here is a snippet from the article here (Behind paywall). Interesting implication that Tesla success has led to the rise of ARKK causing a biotech boom.

Will the ARK-ification of biotech stock valuations continue in 2021?

The XBI, biotech’s most closely followed stock index, was up an astounding 50% in 2020. More than half of the gains came during the last three months of the year, largely attributed to investors pouring billions of dollars into the high-flying “innovation” and “disruption” funds managed by Cathie Wood, founder of the asset management firm ARK Invest.

Ark’s flagship fund, ARK Innovation ETF, is best known for its huge Tesla ownership, but top holdings also include CRISPR Therapeutics, Invitae, and Editas Medicine. The ARK Genomic Revolution ETF is even more heavily weighted in genome editing and cell therapy stocks like Fate Therapeutics and Iovance Biotherapeutics.

“The next FAANG stocks are in the genomic age,” Wood told Bloomberg recently, using the acronymic shorthand for Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google. Making good on that prediction in 2021 will require the science and clinical data — rather scant right now — to catch up to multi-billion dollar valuations. If not, the popping of the ARK biotech bubble could get ugly.

Reactions: Buckminster
NGA just hit $22.50 pre-market this morning. Up 26% from when I mentioned it the other day. Hopefully some of y'all got on it. Apparently more details about the Amazon deal came out and the stock rose on that news.

Northern Genesis SPAC Rallies On Lion Electric-Amazon Deal Confirmation

I am still personally optimistic long term on this but think there will be a good bit of volatility around this merger in the short term. That said I am not an expert at all so take any advice I give with a grain of salt and do your research. :)

Reactions: gene
ABML getting killed again, big volume on the open just like yesterday.
Of course it is, because I tripled down yesterday as I had some money free up. I need to be considered a counter-indicator o_O

I can't find any news on ABML either. Not sure that makes it worse or better, just don't like unknowns as it makes me wonder if the company is about to go bankrupt or something. It's down nearly 50% in 5 days. Of course, it was up a crazy amount in the 2 weeks before that, so maybe I just managed to buy 3/4 the way up the peak of an artificial spike.

Last edited:
In my layman understanding it is *already* a game changer (COVID vaccine will soon be injected in hundreds of millions of people) vs *soon to be a game changer* like CRISPR.
Of course it is, because I tripled down yesterday as I had some money free up. I need to be considered a counter-indicator o_O

I can't find any news on ABML either. Not sure that makes it worse or better, just don't like unknowns as it makes me wonder if the company is about to go bankrupt or something.

Geez guys, if you are worried whether a company might go bankrupt, what are you doing investing in it? Either research it before investing to alleviate that concern, or stay away from such information black holes.

Reactions: MaxPain and bxr140
Geez guys, if you are worried whether a company might go bankrupt, what are doing investing in it? Either research it before investing to alleviate that concern, or stay away from such information black holes.
I wasn't worried, but like I said, big moves on zero news makes it easy to wonder about monsters under the bed. Research won't tell you information that isn't published, or worse, was intentionally mis-published. Wouldn't be the first company to have that happen. It's always a risk.

Reactions: JRP3
Geez guys, if you are worried whether a company might go bankrupt, what are you doing investing in it? Either research it before investing to alleviate that concern, or stay away from such information black holes.

2F5FC0F8-918F-4F0B-B3A6-5FFB695DC02A.jpeg

Tesla could have gone bankrupt when I started investing in it. That's why I didn't invest everything I had.
Same. I've invested money I can lose, though that doesn't mean I like losing it!

Still curious what the reason is for the volume and movement. I haven't seen anything to change my opinion on ABML, but clearly the market has.

Tesla could have gone bankrupt when I started investing in it. That's why I didn't invest everything I had.

In theory every company CAN go bankrupt. But is it likely to? I (and most people here) knew enough about Tesla and their finances and their never give up CEO to conclude that bankruptcy was very unlikely. And yeah, I know Elon has said Tesla came close during the initial Model 3 ramp (which was actually mirrored in the stock price falling below $200/$40 a share, pre/post split), but I continue to believe he is being overly dramatic since I think Tesla could have raised $$ if they had needed to to give them more time to figure things out.

Anyways, my point is that if you don’t have enough visibility into a company to judge bankruptcy risk, I’d recommend staying away from it. There are enough good companies out there to invest in without having to roll the dice like that.

Just noticed today on Fidelity that CRSP now has options available for Jan 2022 and Jan 2023. Previously July this year was the furthest out.

Prices don't look all that attractive but if you want to take some risks on CRISPR stocks and venture outside of ARKG, CRSP is definitely one of the ones to consider. It's already 2.5x what it was last June when I first started tracking it. They and two other companies have exclusive licenses relating to human therapy.

The genomics industry is going to the moon in the next decade and CRSP is almost certain to be a hugely successful player in it. The timing is what concerns me. Jan 2022/23 LEAPS could pay off ridiculously or miss the mark.

I can't find any news on ABML either. Not sure that makes it worse or better, just don't like unknowns as it makes me wonder if the company is about to go bankrupt or something. It's down nearly 50% in 5 days. Of course, it was up a crazy amount in the 2 weeks before that, so maybe I just managed to buy 3/4 the way up the peak of an artificial spike.

ABML is not going bankrupt lol. It was on one of Doug's more recent guest appearances that they have MULTIPLE investor options fully covering the plant + more. Considering the several new job openings and the other Tesla guy they recently brought on (Kris) that's not the signs of a company struggling for cash. Even Menka when she joined as COO like two months ago, why would she leave Facebook for a company about to go bankrupt this recently?

If anything there's definitely agreements in place they haven't publicly shared yet. That's why Doug keeps talking about "uplisting" in first half of 2021. In order to uplist on the Nasdaq you need a shareprice of $3. Considering Doug's been making these uplisting comments before the mega-run-up in December, they definitely have agreements (either feedstock piling, licensing, or strategic alliances) that we're not aware of yet.

• Informative
Reactions: ckessel
ABML is not going bankrupt lol. It was on one of Doug's more recent guest appearances that they have MULTIPLE investor options fully covering the plant + more. Considering the several new job openings and the other Tesla guy they recently brought on (Kris) that's not the signs of a company struggling for cash. Even Menka when she joined as COO like two months ago, why would she leave Facebook for a company about to go bankrupt this recently?

If anything there's definitely agreements in place they haven't publicly shared yet. That's why Doug keeps talking about "uplisting" in first half of 2021. In order to uplist on the Nasdaq you need a shareprice of $3. Considering Doug's been making these uplisting comments before the mega-run-up in December, they definitely have agreements (either feedstock piling, licensing, or strategic alliances) that we're not aware of yet.

Or they'll do what GP did and just do a reverse stock split. In fact, that is likely what they'll do regardless when they go through with the uplisting. The uplisting will be interesting because then they have to publish a prospectus which will give a lot of financial information. Uplisting usually juices the stock price around the time of the uplisting, but then the company has to show results for it to keep the stock price.

• Informative
Reactions: ckessel