Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSFT went ex-dividend today. If the dividend is greater than the remaining time value of the call, then the owner of the call may choose to exercise early in order to obtain the dividend. This is referred to as "dividend poaching" and is not uncommon in situations involving blue--chip stocks that pay a healthy dividend. One of the benefits of selling calls against TSLA shares is that you don't have to worry about this, but on stocks that do pay a dividend, that ex-dividend date may be important.

Yeah, I learned this lesson the hard way. LoL.

I'm fine with it, I had been selling covered calls on MSFT for months and made a pretty penny doing that, but this was a new event for me.

Reactions: bz51
Lynas Rare Earths jumped up almost 12% today seemingly on no news. Glad it did but am I missing anything?.

I believe this report was the catalyst:

China reportedly considering curbs on rare earth exports to cripple US defense sector

There are many other more substantive reasons why Lynas’ future is bright. But if China follows through on this, Lynas could 10x, IMHO.

I think Lynas’ share price is very likely to end the year substantially higher (+50 %) than it is now regardless of what becomes of this threat.

not advice, dyor, etc

I believe this report was the catalyst:

China reportedly considering curbs on rare earth exports to cripple US defense sector

There are many other more substantive reasons why Lynas’ future is bright. But if China follows through on this, Lynas could 10x, IMHO.

I think Lynas’ share price is very likely to end the year substantially higher (+50 %) than it is now regardless of what becomes of this threat.

not advice, dyor, etc

Thank you, seems plausible. Interesting that MP Materials only went up a bit over 1% on this.

Reactions: JustMe
Thank you, seems plausible. Interesting that MP Materials only went up a bit over 1% on this.

I think there are two important differences

-Lynas is already in production, and is the only major REE refiner outside of China. MP only produces REE concentrate that is shipped to China for separation

-MP stock is already pumped and they are yet to grow into their valuation. Lynas is trading below its fair value, especially considering its planned growth path.

I think there are two important differences

-Lynas is already in production, and is the only major REE refiner outside of China. MP only produces REE concentrate that is shipped to China for separation

-MP stock is already pumped and they are yet to grow into their valuation. Lynas is trading below its fair value, especially considering its planned growth path.

Thanks for this. Put a limit order for Lynas today, will see if it fills.

Reactions: JustMe
What are everyone's thoughts on Palantir? I heard Cathie Wood say good things of them yesterday on CNBC, and the stock looks to have been in a significant recent sell-off.
I started a position this week buying Tuesday and yesterday. Red now of course but they have excellent potential in a growing field and I expect long-term a very good investment. I plan to DCA down if it keeps dropping.

Reactions: bkp_duke
That makes me feel better. I bought 2000 shares at $24.58 this AM, just after open.
I started a position this week buying Tuesday and yesterday. Red now of course but they have excellent potential in a growing field and I expect long-term a very good investment. I plan to DCA down if it keeps dropping.

I got some shares too. did you guys get any options?

If I hadn't thrown everything I had at CCIV warrants, today would be a good day to sell puts on anything I'd like to get into (or add to).

CCIV is literally the only green ticker in a portfolio of red :) The warrant/stock gap has closed a little today. The warrants are up more than the stock.

If I hadn't thrown everything I had at CCIV warrants, today would be a good day to sell puts on anything I'd like to get into (or add to).

CCIV is literally the only green ticker in a portfolio of red :) The warrant/stock gap has closed a little today. The warrants are up more than the stock.
Yeah, I keep looking at all the red and thinking I'm missing out. But on the other hand, I don't think anything has as much potential as CCIV to spike and that's already appreciated for me even today.

How do you get to $60Billion valuation? I don’t fully understand how the existing market cap of a SPAC gets converted. Thanks.

Random Number Generator?

j/k

Based on posts calculating the share of Lucid CCIV would get in a merger. CCIV alone is valued currently at 15 billion.

If CCIV merges and acquires 20% of Lucid shares, the total valuation would be 75 billion.

Random Number Generator?

j/k

Based on posts calculating the share of Lucid CCIV would get in a merger. CCIV alone is valued currently at 15 billion.

If CCIV merges and acquires 20% of Lucid shares, the total valuation would be 75 billion.
Is that the neighborhood of about how it will work? CCIV in it's entirety becoming maybe 15-40% share of Lucid?

Personally, I thought it's current $13.5B at 100% was high.

What are everyone's thoughts on Palantir? I heard Cathie Wood say good things of them yesterday on CNBC, and the stock looks to have been in a significant recent sell-off.
Palantir is extremely opaque, so it's hard to get a great read. Peter Thiel likes to really get sh*t done & go from Zero to One if you've read his book.

This profile is very narrative-driven, but it's a great read if you're looking into Palantir and what their capabilities are: The ultimate recognizer

Palantir is extremely opaque, so it's hard to get a great read. Peter Thiel likes to really get sh*t done & go from Zero to One if you've read his book.

This profile is very narrative-driven, but it's a great read if you're looking into Palantir and what their capabilities are: The ultimate recognizer

ARK bought more Palantir today for ARKK: 5,274,700 shares. :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3