Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What pleases you and annoys you most about your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been up to Yorkshire from Sussex this weekend. I loved Autopilot in the stop go motorway traffic. It worked well on the motorway when I indicated right to request a lane change. But after passing a car, and very little on the road ahead, I'd indicate left to move back over and the silly car would slow down and I'd have to take control. Was it trying to match speed with the car I'd just passed, but why?

Yes you can turn sentry mode on and off using the app.

On the car you can also say whether you want sentry mode to be disabled at either/or your home and work addresses.

Good info. Thank you

All that's missing from this mode is the rear parking camera right? Which is odd if true. Hope they enable that in sentry mode.

Are you able to watch the footage on the phone app like you can with blackvue?

My new gripe is with the doors. It is not that they are *bad* doors, it is that they are like *all other* car doors I’ve had. Was hoping for something more special.

Specifically, it’s the hinge detents. When I open the door, the first stop is not far open enough to get out. But the second stop will hit the car beside me. So I try to hit the sweet spot where the door will stay put and be open far enough to get my feet out. 90% of the time I miss, and either a) the door closes far enough to bounce off my shins, or b) the door starts to close so I put a dirty foot out to block it, and smear grime from my shoe all over the oddments pocket. Again, this is the way every car door I’ve ever had has worked, so it’s not a slam on Tesla specifically. Well, except for the slider on our bright green VW micro bus... that one always worked great, and never barked my shins.

You would think that those clever little Tesla engineers would have come up with a door holder that would keep the door right where you put it, until you give it a little tug or push.

Reactions: RjbT3 and Durzel
Had it for nearly two weeks so far.
Love everything about it apart from two things:
1.I would like to be able to fire up the wipers manually from the control levers behind the steering wheel not from the touch screen. I find this safety critical when you are driving through torrential rain like week here in the UK. The automatic wipers might be able to do that if they are improved.

2.The power on reversing is very aggressive. It should be a lot gentler.

(Hope Elon reads this feedback)

No - so called SuperChargers eg Edinburgh; Keele South at 40-something kW; a ChargeScotland 22kW running at 15; a Ecotricity at KeelSouth not connecting at all to my car. Rant rant rant!

(At Keele I had to queue as there were 2 Model 3s there before me - that's why I tried the Ecotricity!!!)

S

Ecotricity CCS seem not to work, at least not for me. I've had great sucess at superchargers, including Leeds, Scoth Corner and Gretna Green but be aware that they are in pairs and the 120 kw will be shared A/B. If another car is on the same number then the load is split and if the other car is less charged then they will get the lion's share.

Ditto the other comment, AC charging will max out at 11 KW. If you think that's bad the Ipace and many others can manage a maximum of just 7 KW AC charging:eek:

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Had it for nearly two weeks so far.
Love everything about it apart from two things:
1.I would like to be able to fire up the wipers manually from the control levers behind the steering wheel not from the touch screen. I find this safety critical when you are driving through torrential rain like week here in the UK. The automatic wipers might be able to do that if they are improved.

2.The power on reversing is very aggressive. It should be a lot gentler.

(Hope Elon reads this feedback)

Now these points especially worry me a bit. Good points That rain scenario sounds problematic

My new gripe is with the doors. It is not that they are *bad* doors, it is that they are like *all other* car doors I’ve had. Was hoping for something more special.

Specifically, it’s the hinge detents. When I open the door, the first stop is not far open enough to get out. But the second stop will hit the car beside me. So I try to hit the sweet spot where the door will stay put and be open far enough to get my feet out. 90% of the time I miss, and either a) the door closes far enough to bounce off my shins, or b) the door starts to close so I put a dirty foot out to block it, and smear grime from my shoe all over the oddments pocket. Again, this is the way every car door I’ve ever had has worked, so it’s not a slam on Tesla specifically. Well, except for the slider on our bright green VW micro bus... that one always worked great, and never barked my shins.

You would think that those clever little Tesla engineers would have come up with a door holder that would keep the door right where you put it, until you give it a little tug or push.
I really do not like that and as you say it's commonplace on most cars.

Why the door can't stay in the exact position you open it to is beyond me. Laptop screens etc manage it, but car doors have this 2 step open where the 1st step is basically useless and the 2nd is far too far out, as you say.

I end up getting out whilst gripping the door so that I don't accidentally knock it out further.

• Love
Reactions: Puddles
In no particular order:

• The turning circle is not great. I've lost count the amount of times I've had to do a multiple point turn rather than a single, elegant swoop. My far longer 3 series was more nimble at low speeds.
  • Finding neutral when needed is an art. And I don't have the skills. It's utterly anathema to me.
  • The indicators need a 'double hit' when quickly transitioning from one to another e.g. When on a roundabout, quickly switching from right to left isn't a one stage movement, but rather a tap to cancel and then a tap to re-engage. It's a small gripe but is taking me a while to get used to. Which leads me nicely onto...
  • I have instantly for used to the speedometer being over to the left of my eyeline and it's never been a problem to me. But for some reason my brain just can't cope with the indicator 'indicator' being over there. It's a highly personal thing, but combined with the issue mentioned above it's starting to annoy me - and fellow road users - when I get into a flap on a roundabout.
  • The lane departure assist kicks in far too rapidly and frequently, and has caused me several squeaky bum moments that I've needed to correct. I've turned it off.
  • I'd love to be able to schedule the air-conditioning for particular times i.e. to fit into my regular routine. (I know I can use tasker etc, but would rather it was in the native app).
  • I echo the need to re-order the radio stations...
  • And decent song/album art would be nice.
And that is it currently... I really am utterly enthralled with my M3 ownership after my first week. It's lovely.

stopping the charge from the app so that I can charge it more the next day using solar, than it deciding its going to start charging again without me telling it to. I have to switch it of at the wall to avoid this, but sometimes I forget and I shouldn't really have to do that.

The rear number plate holder is terrible and even the delivery handover guy said it’s not good. Has anyone investigated workarounds for this soppy thing they have provided?

It appears the rear boot panel is curved but our plates are not so they have just stuck a rigid frame on which holds the plate in place but doesn’t mirror the curve so the ends stick out.

The rear number plate holder is terrible and even the delivery handover guy said it’s not good. Has anyone investigated workarounds for this soppy thing they have provided?

It appears the rear boot panel is curved but our plates are not so they have just stuck a rigid frame on which holds the plate in place but doesn’t mirror the curve so the ends stick out.
I agree the plate holders are hideous. My plan is to use the stick-on vinyl plates from this place. I’ve checked with them, and the vinyl is thick enough so that the screw holes for the plate holders won’t show through.

Approved Superior Quality Reflective Vinyl Number Plates, Printed ‘Unique Sub Surface’ for greater protection in plain digits only.

I really do not like that and as you say it's commonplace on most cars.

Why the door can't stay in the exact position you open it to is beyond me. Laptop screens etc manage it, but car doors have this 2 step open where the 1st step is basically useless and the 2nd is far too far out, as you say.

I end up getting out whilst gripping the door so that I don't accidentally knock it out further.

I think Rolls Royce doors can do that. :)

Reactions: SimonTe and Roy W.