Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What pleases you and annoys you most about your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not seeing any issue whatsoever with the central console finish. It feels like you’d need to be placing a bunch of keys on there to be experiencing scratches. If you do not have anything rolling around on there during trips it will be fine. You don’t really need to touch it that much I am finding and the cup holders have an edge sufficient.for you to not be touching the console top itself.

I’m not seeing any issue whatsoever with the central console finish. It feels like you’d need to be placing a bunch of keys on there to be experiencing scratches. If you do not have anything rolling around on there during trips it will be fine. You don’t really need to touch it that much I am finding and the cup holders have an edge sufficient.for you to not be touching the console top itself.
It's not scratches that worry me, the smallest mark (fingerprint, smudge etc.) is really obvious on a shiny surface. I have bought a cheaper cover which arrived today - will have to see how it looks when I apply...

Reactions: dst87

Not going to lie, this is my thinking too.

I did buy a vinyl kit for it but have resisted putting it on because just light touching and handling of the edge has kept mine pretty print-free for several days now.

That’s interesting. I already pre-emptively purchased the vinyl so it was ready to be applied before we even got the car. I’ve had piano black in previous cars and I find it to be a dust, fingerprint, and scratch magnet.

Sure enough, after about 30 minutes of having the Model 3, the little flecks of dust were driving me mad, and I don’t know how you open the phone charger compartment without touching it fairly firmly.

What pleases me most:
Absolutely effortless driving experience!

Annoy would be a strong word, but I wish I could have the energy charts and map at the same time, just a half height chart would work. The Model S has more screen and in portrait to make this easier, but I don't see why you couldn't have a little energy chart, there's no reason it needs to be huge.

Got mine yesterday.
I'm coming from a LandRover Discovery (comparable price). The Tesla really is in a different league, albeit with fewer seats. I'd be very worried if I was JLR. I also appreciated the complete lack of hassle and upselling during the vehicle handover (again, compared with LandRover). Although they were a day late, it was otherwise a very pleasant and professional experience.

Almost everything is an improvement on other cars I've been in. The responsiveness, the smoothness, the seats, the music system, the GPS, the air-con, the boot-space (given size of car).

It's not perfect though. I can see myself abandoning the AutoPiliot once the novelty wears off. It just isn't good enough yet. Also, and less forgivably, the auto high-beams just don't seem to work properly at all. I was driving in pitch black country lanes, and it kept auto-switching them off for no reason. Also, one department where another manufacturer is way ahead of Tesla is Toyota with their birds-eye-view parking system. Nowhere near as good in the Tesla.

Reactions: RjbT3 and Roy W.
Best things..
AP is way better than I was expecting. Takes the effort away completely.
Reversing camera is wide angle and clear. Also you get a distance to objects in the display (although only in inches being an american car).
Range means I can just go anywhere and not think about it.
Bad things..
Tyre noise noticeably higher than my leaf. That's probably fixable with quieter tyres.
The satnav voice doesn't match the routing (telling me to go left when the route is clearly right, for example, or telling me the wrong roundabout exit). Got lost a few times before I learned to ignore it.
Only a 4m charging cable supplied, which won't even reach to the front of the car so can't charge at home until I get a longer one.

Best things..
Also you get a distance to objects in the display (although only in inches being an american car).
I think it can be in cm, but it's an all or nothing metric vs non-metric, so you'd have km and kmph, which is obviously no good in the UK.

As a young-ish person in the UK, I'd also love to be able to use the (to be fair, horrifying) combo of cm and miles.

I think it can be in cm, but it's an all or nothing metric vs non-metric, so you'd have km and kmph, which is obviously no good in the UK.

As a young-ish person in the UK, I'd also love to be able to use the (to be fair, horrifying) combo of cm and miles.

Totaly with you there. I measure metric, but understand speed in Mph. Its very very odd

From Wikipedia (Metrication in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia):

An Ipsos MORI telephone survey conducted in September 2007 for The Sun newspaper, entitled "Northern Rock, Metric Measurements And The EU Constitutional Treaty" found significant opposition to metrication in response to the question, "How strongly would you support and oppose Britain switching to use entirely metric measurements, rather than continuing to use traditional units?":[95] The greatest variation in opinion was between tabloid and broadsheet readers rather than by age, social class or voting intention.[96]

Sound familiar?

I've had the SR+ two days now. VIN 440*** No fog light (plastic blanks in stead (fair enough). Fantastic car very happy with my choice.

* Acceleration
* Headlights
* Sound quality

Dislike
* Turning circle
* Closing a dirty Frunk
* Dim interior boot/trunk lighting
* Metal clunk sound when supercharging
* Phantom braking (VW basic adaptive cruise control is arguably better)
* Paint coverage in door jams.

Would be good if:
* Send/receive txt messages
* Watch movies on the screen while the car is stationary
* Program a destination using the phone
* Speed camera notifications
* Could see live cameras from the phone App
* Playback facility for teslacam

I've had the SR+ two days now. VIN 440*** No fog light (plastic blanks in stead (fair enough). Fantastic car very happy with my choice.

* Acceleration
* Headlights
* Sound quality

Dislike
* Turning circle
* Closing a dirty Frunk
* Dim interior boot/trunk lighting
* Metal clunk sound when supercharging
* Phantom braking (VW basic adaptive cruise control is arguably better)
* Paint coverage in door jams.

Would be good if:
* Send/receive txt messages
* Watch movies on the screen while the car is stationary
* Program a destination using the phone
* Speed camera notifications
* Could see live cameras from the phone App
* Playback facility for teslacam
You can set a destination from a phone

When did you order?
I’m sure when I placed mine, and revised the paint colour to white, front fogs were still part of the package.
Clearly it’s not a deal breaker, but I won’t be happy if they aren’t fitted when I collect.