Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What specs are you planning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard this happened with a few reservationists. Tesla are extending the confirmation date until after the 26th, as it makes sense for everyone to know what is going on with that before locking things in.

Yes, that's what they did for me, and also, one of the staff from the US (now in Hong Kong for business trip) told me that they have got your suggestion on rear child facing seats and they are hoping that somehow the data will convince their DOT (which I have no idea what it stands for) to add the seats options for Hong Kong Model S.

I like the way Tesla does things!

Yes, that's what they did for me, and also, one of the staff from the US (now in Hong Kong for business trip) told me that they have got your suggestion on rear child facing seats and they are hoping that somehow the data will convince their DOT (which I have no idea what it stands for) to add the seats options for Hong Kong Model S.

Fingers crossed, good work boys!

DOT is probably Dept Of Transportation.

DoT is Department of Transport (and probably in USA).

The equivalent here is the Transport Department (and they are who will need to approve this - nothing to do with USA DoT).

Well, they could do with a proper office to begin with, not the cafe at the hotel. Best if the office is located next to a supercharger

Lol so true!

I'm not so sure why they didn't rent an office with Science Park (perhaps most Tesla customers live and work on HK Island, I don't know) since Tesla is all about green energy and high tech, they must be well qualified for government's cheap rent rate there.

Doesn't sound like the way Tesla would use their money -- to get a luxurious office space and set up a supercharger there. If you want to suggest a realistic place for them, do head over to another thread Where Would You Suggest Tesla To Build Their Supercharging Stations In Hong Kong?and comment.

Sure, they should take care how they spend their money, and IFC mall is probably a little over the top. I wasn't thinking of superchargers, merely the showroom itself. It doesn't have to be much bigger than having room for 2-3 cars, and then merchandise, posters, interactive screens and so on. Obviously, the store needs to be located so cars can get in and out as needed!

The reason I thought of it was some days ago when I was in the IFC mall, I thought it would have been nice with a Tesla store there. I have been to Tesla stores in Florida and California, and they were really placed in high end markets. This is a high contrast to most fossil fuel car dealers, as they are usually grouped in industrial areas outside city centres.

- - - Updated - - -

I find their HK website ordering is a little weird. They only allow you to choose the options but there isn't any choice of colors. Is there no Panorama Roof and optional back seat??

When you click "buy" it gives you that possibility. Note, that some of the options (paint colour, interior, sunroof, wheels and so on), need to be activated separately. Find these groups below the photo of the car, but above the options.

Optional back seats cannot (yet?) be selected for Hong Kong Tesla model S, as it seems there is some Transportation Department red tape in the way.

Sure, they should take care how they spend their money, and IFC mall is probably a little over the top. I wasn't thinking of superchargers, merely the showroom itself. It doesn't have to be much bigger than having room for 2-3 cars, and then merchandise, posters, interactive screens and so on. Obviously, the store needs to be located so cars can get in and out as needed!

The reason I thought of it was some days ago when I was in the IFC mall, I thought it would have been nice with a Tesla store there. I have been to Tesla stores in Florida and California, and they were really placed in high end markets. This is a high contrast to most fossil fuel car dealers, as they are usually grouped in industrial areas outside city centres.

- - - Updated - - -

When you click "buy" it gives you that possibility. Note, that some of the options (paint colour, interior, sunroof, wheels and so on), need to be activated separately. Find these groups below the photo of the car, but above the options.

Optional back seats cannot (yet?) be selected for Hong Kong Tesla model S, as it seems there is some Transportation Department red tape in the way.

Have you (or anyone) been to the service centre in Tsuen Wan? I'm planning to go and have a look this Saturday but do they have a Model S for display or to be sat on?

Have you (or anyone) been to the service centre in Tsuen Wan? I'm planning to go and have a look this Saturday but do they have a Model S for display or to be sat on?

I live 10 minutes walk away from their TW shop. I first checked out the Model S when I went there last year, and they got a roadster display and a Model S 'base frame' there too. Do go check that out.

Only a base frame? I wanna to let my wife try to sit on one. Maybe I should call them up to ask if they have Model S there for display now.

I went there on Wednesday they have a base frame and a Red P85 on display. You can play around with that. (Perhaps even a test drive)

They have another one in the workshop.

I have a quick question on everyone's thoughts on the Performance Plus option - whether it is worthwhile or not. I have seen some positive comments globally - but from very different markets than HK. I wonder given the size of HK whether it really makes much difference - esp. given it is very unlikely that one would be driving particularly fast here (P85 may just be enough?). Secondly, this option requires using 21" wheels which comes with big disclaimer from Tesla that the warranty does not cover damage to those - I assume for a good reason (such damage must be common). Given how tight/crowded is HK and the state of tarmac on some roads I wonder whether wear/tear on these wheels may out-do any performance benefits they offer (if any in HK situation). Any comments?