TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What time of day did you get your in-production email notification?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by cplaw, Aug 25, 2016.

?

Did you get your email notification of starting production during business hours?

1. Business Hours

50.0%
  2. Out of Business Hours

50.0%
  1. cplaw

cplaw Member

Does Tesla send its email notification of cars starting production at all hours of the day, or does it only happen during business hours?

2. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

Midnight PT tends to be a common trigger point, although not 100%.
    I had visions of someone suddenly waking up in a sweat and remembering to "push" the email notifications out. lol

3. cplaw

cplaw Member

Oh no...that doesn't help. I've been checking my email every single time I get a new email notification in the hopes it is from Tesla saying my car has entered into production. Knowing that the emails come even after business hours is going to prevent me from getting any sleep.....lol

4. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

Oh no keeping refreshing......there are spontaneous updates others have cited. But I swear its no different than pushing an elevator button 7 times. That said, we ALL do/did it. :D

Also note, the email triggers aren't always precisely timed to the announced event. I experienced several email delays getting 3 in one midnight delivery. Even when I took delivery MyTesla still said 'In-Production'. Just a kink.

5. MacOnWheels

MacOnWheels Member

No email from Tesla for change to In Production. I had emailed my Delivery Contact the day before for a status update and she replied that maybe next week. I refreshed My Tesla page and up it came - In Production. I called my Delivery Contact and told her that my S 60D was In Production and she verified that it was. So, no email for me.

6. jdjeff88

jdjeff88 Member

No emails from Tesla after my order was confirmed. Only noticed my car went into production when I opened My Tesla on the morning of the 24th (Aug)...and yes, I checked the night before too.... :)
    I did receive an email that production was completed though on the 25th at 7:37 central time. 2 days! My Tesla says the car is still in production though, but my DS confirmed the car is being prepped for transport.

7. NewJerseyMS

NewJerseyMS Member

Received mine at 4.30pm ET today.

8. Sugacookie

Sugacookie Member

My Tesla page says in production but I never got an email notifying me.

9. Buddy

Buddy Member

No email.

MyTesla showed In Production when I checked early morning. It was Production que late at night around 10pm last I checked.

Got a call from my DS later in the day.

10. MacOnWheels

MacOnWheels Member

jdjeff88, I think our cars maybe on the same transport to Houston. My DS said yesterday my car was in final inspection, but MyTesla still says In Production and delivery window of 9/2/16 - 9/16/16. We both have red cars. Mine is all black interior. Ironically we both have chosen Figured Ash Wood Decor ( we both have good taste ), very few people have chosen that decor. Maybe we'll meet up on 45 on pickup day. It seems like it is taking forever. Have a GREAT weekend, Bill

11. LastGas

LastGas Member

How about weekends?

12. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Was Whitney your DS? Did she update you when production started, ended, etc.?

13. MacOnWheels

MacOnWheels Member

April is my DS. She had sent me a note that production would begin shortly and I refreshed MyTesla and saw that it was In Production and called her. She verified it. As I said our last chat she said my car was in final inspection and MyTesla still says In Production. I'll call on Monday. BTW congrats on your S P100DL.

• Like x 1