Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will you do with your Cybertruck reservation?

What are you doing with your reservation?

• Keeping reservation - planning to buy

Votes: 41 27.9%
  • Keeping reservation - going to wait and see

Votes: 54 36.7%
  • Cancelling reservation - getting $100 back

Votes: 52 35.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Image 11-30-23 at 1.51 PM.jpeg

Good Luck to those who will take delivery, I'm sure you are going to love it.

Attachments

• Image 11-30-23 at 1.51 PM.jpeg
    Image 11-30-23 at 1.51 PM.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 79
Pretty mid.

I almost pre-ordered this back in 2019 with the insane 40k price tag. I don't even like Trucks but I thought this would be a nice price to try. Luckily, reason won out for me. I knew there was no way I'd get a 40k cybertruck anytime soon. So, I ordered the model y. Loved it so much I ordered an x a month after getting the y. Love both my teslas. For me, I don't need a truck, the x has more luxury features useful to me (prettier interior, beautiful helicopter pilot front windshield, fully automatic doors (seriously insane how hard it is for other luxury cars to get this feature), flashy falcon wing doors, driver screen), and the cybertruck interior looks like and upgraded y. Unless you need a truck... it just doesn't offer something more than my y or x.

In addition, the s and x both have half shafts and suspension issues. I don't trust tesla to design a truck's suspension system and I'm not sure how the cybertruck exterior will age.

I do hope automatic doors return (I got one of the last x's with this feature), they bring rear wheel steering to the x, and the drive by wire system to the x. I'm happy to wait and see what owners are saying in a few years. If they degrade the x anymore than they already have then I could see myself trying a cybertruck maybe someday... but I'd rather have my x. For the poll, I didn't vote. I choose to wait and see back in 2019, and now that I have seen it, I'm not interested in owning it. I'll still be excited when I first see you guys driving it however!

I am getting a refund too.

I am actually in the market for a truck but the pricing just doesn't make sense to me. For 80K I can get a Model X right now, which is a way more premium vehicle and driving experience.

I couldn't care less about the 0-60 time of the CT or any truck for that matter. If it's fast enough to keep up with traffic that's good enough for me.

Kinda sucks because I missed out on some good deals while waiting for the Cybertruck price.

I am actually in the market for a truck but the pricing just doesn't make sense to me. For 80K I can get a Model X right now, which is a way more premium vehicle and driving experience.

I couldn't care less about the 0-60 time of the CT or any truck for that matter. If it's fast enough to keep up with traffic that's good enough for me.

Kinda sucks because I missed out on some good deals while waiting for the Cybertruck price.

Yup, Im also considering the X. It's a steal right now.

If an X will do your mission, then you aren't actually in the market for a truck. What am I missing? @T3SLAROD has a truck already.

There are still good deals on Lightnings if you want one. Ford is offering $7,500 in incentives plus dealers are knocking off more. A dealer near me has a Platinum for $80,638, Lariat for $65,934, and XLT for $56,784.

Looking at the poll results, with over 50% currently saying they are going to cancel, and the fact that reports say there were approx 2mil reservations prior to the information released today for it... that's over a $250mil loss Tesla is taking over the next few days! Stock market gonna drop some.
I do find it interesting that if you go to put in a new reservation today it says "DELIVERY IN 2024". There's no way they're going to make 2 million CTs in 2024 so they must be assuming a lot of those reservations will cancel at these prices and range.

Reactions: FLRifleman