Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you like to see added in software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger queuing. When you arrive at a Supercharger where all the stalls are full, a line forms. In some locations, it’s pretty easy for that line to literally be a line, and it’s clear to all involved what’s going on and who’s next. But the layout at other locations makes a line difficult or impossible without barricading hotel guests, for example. Other locations can be approached from a few directions, leading to formation of multiple lines. And then there are the jerks (few, but more than zero) who pretend not to see the line, and try to grab the first stall that opens.

Tesla knows the location is full. Software could queue the waiting cars. As you arrive, it tells you you are in position 3 in the virtual line. So you can park somewhere polite. It updates you as your position in the queue gets closer. Finally it says, “your turn!” And you have a minute or two to plug in or forfeit your position. And if the aforementioned jerk plugs in not in his queued position, the car refuses to charge, with an appropriate message on the screen.

Bonus: You know how the nav map shows the count of open stalls at a Supercharger? Obviously in a full situation, it’ll show 12 out of 12 in use. With the queuing enhancement, it could also show “12 of 12 in use. 5 waiting.” I’d find that really helpful in choosing which full Supercharger looks like the better option for my next stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteeveeLeevee
Supercharger queuing. When you arrive at a Supercharger where all the stalls are full, a line forms. In some locations, it’s pretty easy for that line to literally be a line, and it’s clear to all involved what’s going on and who’s next. But the layout at other locations makes a line difficult or impossible without barricading hotel guests, for example. Other locations can be approached from a few directions, leading to formation of multiple lines. And then there are the jerks (few, but more than zero) who pretend not to see the line, and try to grab the first stall that opens.

Tesla knows the location is full. Software could queue the waiting cars. As you arrive, it tells you you are in position 3 in the virtual line. So you can park somewhere polite. It updates you as your position in the queue gets closer. Finally it says, “your turn!” And you have a minute or two to plug in or forfeit your position. And if the aforementioned jerk plugs in not in his queued position, the car refuses to charge, with an appropriate message on the screen.

Bonus: You know how the nav map shows the count of open stalls at a Supercharger? Obviously in a full situation, it’ll show 12 out of 12 in use. With the queuing enhancement, it could also show “12 of 12 in use. 5 waiting.” I’d find that really helpful in choosing which full Supercharger looks like the better option for my next stop.
This would be great. I’d also like for the car to tell me which stall to chose when a station is more than 50% occupied. You should be automatically directed to the stall that will give you the fastest charge rate rather than have to guess which of the cars at the station to share with.

And in the frivolous department: Visualize other Teslas. On the screen today, other cars show up in a generic form. It sort of reminds me of a car with a cover on. It'd be fun if it recognized Teslas as special, showing a more "anatomically correct" car.

This would be great. I’d also like for the car to tell me which stall to chose when a station is more than 50% occupied. You should be automatically directed to the stall that will give you the fastest charge rate rather than have to guess which of the cars at the station to share with.
Heck... when it is your car's turn, why doesn't the car drive over to the correct stall and back in for you? This should be far easier than parking on some random street since the charge spots are consistent. And they could be painted with some special paint that the Tesla can easily see to assist with a perfect park.

Reactions: CharleyBC
Snow mode:
Throttle response the same/less than chill mode
Regenerative braking set to low
Creep
Slip start at low speeds (i.e. 1-5mph)

I guess an alternative would be to create a new profile, but this would be helpful for snow noobs. Also, I'm sure TESLA could add some additional snow driving enhancements.