Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the lowest charge level you've had?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20201207-190123_Tesla.jpg

Back when I had my Model S I ran it down intentionally one time to 1% (about 3 miles). I did this by driving slowly around the block in my neighborhood so that I could return to my garage when I got down that low.

The lowest I've been in the Model 3 is 4% (about 15 miles), did that accidentally when coming back home from a road trip. I was on performance summer tires and ran into a heavy downpour. Efficiency on those tires goes way south in heavy rain, it was up above 400 Wh/mi.

Probably 3 or 4%. We were driving home and pulled into the last SC for quite a few miles, which unfortunately was down. Since we didn't have enough charge to make it home, we had to decide whether to sit and wait for it to hopefully come back online, or drive the other direction for about 30 minutes to charge up for the drive home, which is what we decided to do. We were running with no A/C, turning off lights, anything we could think of to save a little power. I hope that never happens again.

It's weird because my car said i used 60kwh... i must have crazy degredation. When i first got the car it was 72Kwh usable.

2018 LR RWD
Battery conditioning and vampire drains are not accounted in the used kwh display...you can easily use 3kwh warming up battery and a few kwh per day on vampire

Also please note that that blue area on you range left is the miles you lost (overnight) due to the battery being cold.. I bet you your range was probably 16 miles the night before.

I have gone to zero multiple times and still been able to drive 10 miles

• Informative
Reactions: Andy7