Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's up with HPWC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installation finished today. New HPWC on a dedicated 200-Amp panel. Now, if only Tesla would deliver my car...

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

New HPWC is not just available, but much sooner than the TMC web site suggested just a few days ago.. Their site said 5 weeks when I ordered mine this Monday.. Just got an email, that it is being shipped today, 4 days later!
Is "Tesla Time" changing into hypertime?

View attachment 176706 Installed the new HPWC today on a 100A circuit, we used #2 wire and it just barely fit into the top entry mount, did not try to connect directly to L1/L2 connectors inside the charger.
Top entry mount block is only sized for 2 AWG max, the real connection block is larger.

And I'd get something to protect your cable from the garage door, that looks precarious.

Top entry mount block is only sized for 2 AWG max, the real connection block is larger.

And I'd get something to protect your cable from the garage door, that looks precarious.
My electrician said that 2awg is the largest that would fit, he looked at both parts, but to be honest we did not try to fit the #2 wire into the green connection block. The pigtail tesla wires are smaller than #2 that go between the mount and charger. I posted pics in an earlier post. I'm still thinking of options to keep my wires away from the garage door tracks, maybe some plexiglass or plywood on each side.

My electrician said that 2awg is the largest that would fit, he looked at both parts, but to be honest we did not try to fit the #2 wire into the green connection block. The pigtail tesla wires are smaller than #2 that go between the mount and charger. I posted pics in an earlier post. I'm still thinking of options to keep my wires away from the garage door tracks, maybe some plexiglass or plywood on each side.

How come you didn't do the 8ft instead? I installed the old HPWC recently and placed some metal sheets to keep the wiring from coming into contact with the garage door

Attachments

• IMG_3539.jpg
    IMG_3539.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: CmdrThor
How come you didn't do the 8ft instead? I installed the old HPWC recently and placed some metal sheets to keep the wiring from coming into contact with the garage door
Two reasons, first for flexibility in where and how I park in either stall forward or backed in and second, when family visit with their tesla and are in the driveway. Depending on how I drape the excess wire around the charger it won't make contact with the tracks at all, I played with it a bit more to get it away from the track but didn't take a pic then. I will probably rig something out of clear plexiglass that will come out about an inch past the tracks.

Reactions: systemcrashed