Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WHATS WITH THE FREAKIN LEAKIN COMPUTER SCREENS-RIDICULOUS!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021-escalade-oled-l.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I have a 1928 Cadillac Roadster with an 8 liter flathead V-8, no computer leaking on my alligator cowboy boots and a rumble seat in the back for the Monster-in-Law. Cadillac has a 100 year head start on Tesla but the 6 volt positive ground head lights could be improved.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
The NTSB has no authority, or ability, to force anyone to perform a recall or do anything. They can only make recommendations.
WE SHALL SEE WHAT WE SHALL SEE. Tesla's riding high right now, but when Dummies like me stop paying $144k for their products they will begin to decline quickly.

Tesla obviously could care less about repeat business and customer loyalty. Thats ok. I've made my money on their stock...time to sell both the car and their stock!

• Love
WE SHALL SEE WHAT WE SHALL SEE. Tesla's riding high right now, but when Dummies like me stop paying $144k for their products they will begin to decline quickly.

Tesla obviously could care less about repeat business and customer loyalty. Thats ok. I've made my money on their stock...time to sell both the car and their stock!

Luckily most of Tesla’s products cost far less than 144k and people are buying them like hotcakes and will continue to do so. Many are done being “dummies” by buying from GM after they pushed back EV adoption by decades by killing the EV1, making inferior EVs like the Bolt, overpriced low range EVs like the Hummer, gas guzzling vehicles like the Escalade, hiding faults like the ignition switch scandal, closing plants in US in favor of cheap labor in Mexico, and being bailed out by taxpayers because of terrible management. I’d rather be the “dummy” and buy the Tesla screen.

Last edited:
Suburbans (Escalades platform) are the longest running nameplate in the world, since 1935. My new Escalade will have a Corvette 6.2 litre V-8 and can pull my broke Tesla in an enclosed 30' car trailer 71 miles to the nearest Tesla Service Center or when it runs out of juice. Capacity for 8 people with a new double boxed chassis, 4 wheel independent suspension, all wheel drive and a recording studio level sound system. No mystery vibrations or leaky dashboards. Seating position, ride and comfort beyond anything Tesla is capable of and no more "range anxiety".

BTW- The CyberTruck order that I am in the process of cancelling was a only $75k. The Escalade is $117k

Last edited:
  • Love
Eh, I get you’re upset at the leaky screen. I really do. Tesla does have a long way to go with regard to certain aspects of the company. I didn’t call out service overall because I’ve had nothing but good experiences (even when things didn’t go as planned!) with my SC, but there are plenty of horror stories from others as well.
However, EVERY manufacturer has one/more/many instances of a part that failed before it should have. Insert BMWs HPFP (fuel pump), my old Volvo XC90’s POS 4pd auto tranny, or my old C-Class’s lock out steering column for your leaky screen issue. Yes, I was pissed when those things affected/cost me, but I realize that cars are comprised to thousands of parts and things don’t always pan out with supplier choices made under good intentions. My point is that I don’t write them off overall. Would buy a Bimmer, Volvo, or Benz in a heartbeat if one of their new cars jumped out at me as fitting my next needs.
Clearly you have the means to vote (often! :)) with your wallet, but saying you’re dumping the P90D for an Escalade doesn’t make sense to me. Taycan Turbo S, hell yes, I’ll listen. Then again, if their sliding charge port door refuses to open while you’re on a major road trip and you had to pry/break it open, would you cancel your order for the GT3 RS?

• Helpful
Eh, I get you’re upset at the leaky screen. I really do. Tesla does have a long way to go with regard to certain aspects of the company. I didn’t call out service overall because I’ve had nothing but good experiences (even when things didn’t go as planned!) with my SC, but there are plenty of horror stories from others as well.
However, EVERY manufacturer has one/more/many instances of a part that failed before it should have. Insert BMWs HPFP (fuel pump), my old Volvo XC90’s POS 4pd auto tranny, or my old C-Class’s lock out steering column for your leaky screen issue. Yes, I was pissed when those things affected/cost me, but I realize that cars are comprised to thousands of parts and things don’t always pan out with supplier choices made under good intentions. My point is that I don’t write them off overall. Would buy a Bimmer, Volvo, or Benz in a heartbeat if one of their new cars jumped out at me as fitting my next needs.
Clearly you have the means to vote (often! :)) with your wallet, but saying you’re dumping the P90D for an Escalade doesn’t make sense to me. Taycan Turbo S, hell yes, I’ll listen. Then again, if their sliding charge port door refuses to open while you’re on a major road trip and you had to pry/break it open, would you cancel your order for the GT3 RS?

• Love
Appreciate your sympathy and consideration which is not exactly who I was looking for it from. I was looking for some attention from one of the millennial "drones" who work in Tesla's jumbled up chain of command in Northern Lala Land. I buy new 2 or three new cars a year for my rather large family. I get rid of them before the warranty is out. With the Tesla, I was convinced that with 80% less moving parts it would be a "keeper" and the critical things would be covered by the 8 yr. unlimited mile drive-train warranty. It is my position, and feel free to disagree, but it's still my position that the MCU is an integral part of the drive train. Without it, you have no drive train. Have you ever driven a golf cart? Look under the seat...that is the MCU. If it gets soaked in fluid, you don't finish your game in that cart. The fact is, not brag, just fact...I own 22 motor vehicles, muscle cars, exotics, antiques, Porsches, Maserati, Ferrari, Corvettes. I have my own mechanics that work on them, but because of the FACT that the MCU IS PART OF THE DRIVE TRAIN WARRANTY, I refuse to let them install a readily available MCU because I could void the remainder of the drive train warranty. I've watched the video on how to change out the MCU and my 15 year old could probably do it, but why should I or ANYBODY even have to consider doing something this STUPID on a $144k vehicle.

The Escalade thing is a safety issue that my girlfriend wants for our children to be transported in because she thinks that it is much safer and more comfortable. It definitely rides better than the P90D with those stupid 21 factory rims with low profile tires and weak metal that requires the rims to be replaced or re-trued once a year to get rid of all the vibrations in the Tesla (another Tesla problem that they won't admit to that costs thousands extra just to drive an "Inconvenient Cool Car".

Maybe if Tesla ever gets their stuff together about appointing LOCAL DEALERSHIPS who give a crap about their LOCAL REPUTATION instead of hourly employees who spend their entire day trying to avoid answering their phones, I might buy another one, but I doubt that is going to happen.

Appreciate your sympathy and consideration which is not exactly who I was looking for it from. I was looking for some attention from one of the millennial "drones" who work in Tesla's jumbled up chain of command in Northern Lala Land. I buy new 2 to 3 new cars a year for my rather large family. I get rid of them before the warranty is out. With the Tesla, I was convinced that with 80% less moving parts it would be a "keeper" and the critical things would be covered by the 8 yr. unlimited mile drive-train warranty. It is my position, and feel free to disagree, but it's still my position that the MCU is an integral part of the drive train. Without it, you have no drive train. Have you ever driven a golf cart? Look under the seat...that is the MCU. If it gets soaked in fluid, you don't finish your game in that cart. The fact is, not brag, just fact...I own 22 motor vehicles, muscle cars, exotics, antiques, Porsches, Maserati, Ferrari, Corvettes. I have my own mechanics that work on them, but because of the FACT that the MCU IS PART OF THE DRIVE TRAIN WARRANTY, I refuse to let them install a readily available MCU because I could void the remainder of the drive train warranty. I've watched the video on how to change out the MCU and my 15 year old could probably do it, but why should I or ANYBODY even have to consider doing something this STUPID on a $144k vehicle. It will only cost me $48.50 to put this issue before a judge in small claims court. The warranty is pretty clear in plain English. Without an MCU the drive train is inoperable. Without a screen on your computer, you and I wouldn't be talking. BTW-You seem like a great person. Good talking to you. I need to sell this pain in my butt and drive my 1955 Cadillac to Church so that I don't get that Sticky Slimy liquid all over my Armani suit!

The Escalade thing is a safety issue that my girlfriend wants for our children to be transported in because she thinks that it is much safer and more comfortable. It definitely rides better than the P90D with those stupid 21 factory rims with low profile tires and weak metal that requires the rims to be replaced or re-trued once a year to get rid of all the vibrations in the Tesla (another Tesla problem that they won't admit to that costs thousands extra just to drive an "Inconvenient Cool Car".

Maybe if Tesla ever gets their stuff together about appointing LOCAL DEALERSHIPS who give a crap about their LOCAL REPUTATION instead of hourly employees who spend their entire day trying to avoid answering their phones, I might buy another one, but I doubt that is going to happen.

• Love
the critical things would be covered by the 8 yr. unlimited mile drive-train warranty.

because of the FACT that the MCU IS PART OF THE DRIVE TRAIN WARRANTY, I refuse to let them install a readily available MCU because I could void the remainder of the drive train warranty.

Setting aside for a moment the fact that you’ve created your own arbitrary definition of what constitutes a “drivetrain” that is at odds with every other manufacturer’s definition of such:

Once again, your car does not have an “8 year unlimited mile drivetrain warranty”. It never has. It never will. Your car has an 8 year unlimited mile warranty on precisely three parts:

The front drive unit
The rear drive unit
The high voltage battery

That’s it. Nothing else. Not half shafts, charging hardware, DC/DC converters, windshield wipers, leaky screens, nor even the shiny button at the end of the gear selector stalk to put your car in park. ONLY the drive units and battery.

Setting aside for a moment the fact that you’ve created your own arbitrary definition of what constitutes a “drivetrain” that is at odds with every other manufacturer’s definition of such:

Once again, your car does not have an “8 year unlimited mile drivetrain warranty”. It never has. It never will. Your car has an 8 year unlimited mile warranty on precisely three parts:

The front drive unit
The rear drive unit
The high voltage battery

That’s it. Nothing else. Not half shafts, charging hardware, DC/DC converters, windshield wipers, leaky screens, nor even the shiny button at the end of the gear selector stalk to put your car in park. ONLY the drive units and battery.

• Love
Good points, all. Let's see what
1. A judge says in small claims court.
2 The National Transportation Safety Board investigation says
3. What the Court of Public Opinion says. I read that there are 160,000 vehicles involved.

It's not the money with me...I spend that much on a night out. It's Tesla's shitty attitude and the way there customer disservice department reacts to well known problems like "Oh, we never heard of that before".

Again, if there was a local dealership where to owner of the store had millions invested in property, parts & service and a reputation in the community they wouldn't have the "let them eat cake" attitude. I remember when Mercedes Benz was building $120k cars with defective A/C condensers with dissimilar metals causing Swiss cheese holes to leak out freon into the cabin. They set up an assembly line at my West Palm Beach Dealership and just started replacing them even out of warranty because they realized they F-d Up and nobody was ever going to buy another S-Class if the A/C's went out once a year.

THIS NEEDS TO BE A RE-CALL!

But Elon can sell his houses and live in an RV for all I care.
And I can sell my Model S and never buy another Tesla product.
The average person knows around 250 people. Multiply that by 160,000 vehicles that may be affected by the stupid decision to buy INNOLUX (CHINESE) screens and that is a potential of 40,000,000 people know that Tesla cheaps out on the biggest item inside their car.