Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your top feature request that could be accomplished via software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after reading another thread on this

* Ability to disable cabin heat for climate control

It apparently works the same on S, 3, X but the thread below is the most recent one I've seen.

How to stop the car from heating the cabin?

If it's generating heat to heat the battery I'm ok with waste heat from that coming out the vents in the winter, but if it's warmer outside the car than it is inside the car I want the heat to not be triggered no matter how I set the climate controls.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy
TACC chill-level adjustment (I'd like it even more chill on both acceleration and deceleration)*
Associate driver settings with driver phone/card
Passenger-accessible audio mute*
Entertainment improvements (Spotify in USA, USB fixes,...)
Blind spot alerting
Map travel-up setting should be sticky
Single touch to speak next direction even when directions muted (my 2002 Lexus has this, and it's surprisingly handy)*
Self-park (perpendicular and parallel) without neighbor cars*
Self-park (perpendicular and parallel) without pulling past*
Adaptive (or just modulated, though adaptive would be better) brake light flash*
Yellow rear turn signals (yes, I suspect this is not software... but I can hope.)*
Map recenters above audio controls when audio controls up
Aerial view for parking (even if it's got a dead zone in front; care more about sides)
Navigation waypoints
Set TACC to current speed even when below limit
Hands free EAP via selfie-cam
Voice command expansion (HVAC, audio, ...)
Text message support for reading incoming messages and dictating new ones
More restricted valet mode
More sensitive automatic volume
Web browser

(*: Don't see these elsewhere; please upvote/endorse!)

Last edited:
Thought I'd update my list (because you're all fascinated with my thoughts...)

TACC chill-level adjustment (I'd like it even more chill on both acceleration and deceleration)*
Passenger-accessible audio mute*
Steering wheel power should cut when the vehicle is placed in Park after driving*
Entertainment improvements (Spotify in USA, USB fixes,...)
Operator hints replace map display in Valet mode* (reddit)
Blind spot alerting
^Single touch to speak next direction even when directions muted (my 2002 Lexus has this, and it's surprisingly handy)*
Associate driver settings with driver phone/card
Map travel-up setting should be sticky
Self-park (perpendicular and parallel) without neighbor cars*
Self-park (perpendicular and parallel) without pulling past*
Adaptive (or just modulated, though adaptive would be better, and the hardware is clearly present to do this) brake light flash*
Yellow rear turn signals (yes, I suspect this is not software... but I can hope.)
Map recenters above audio controls when audio controls up*
Aerial view for parking (even if it's got a dead zone in front; care more about sides)
Navigation waypoints
Set TACC to current speed even when below limit
Hands free EAP via selfie-cam
Voice command expansion (HVAC, audio, ...)
Text message support for reading incoming messages and dictating new ones
More restrictive valet mode
More sensitive automatic volume
Web browser

*: have not seen other requests for this; please chime in if you agree.
bold: new or updated
^:raised relative priority

My list in high to low priority:

Regen mode that will bring the car to a full stop (my guess is that this is possible for them to support in software)
More avoidance options in the nav settings (such as avoid highways).
Ability to send destinations to the car nav from google maps.
Dashcam functionality, recording to USB.
Resume mp3 playback from USB.
Spotify support.
Super restrictive valet mode.

I'd like to see the followings:

1) A 'cross traffic' feature when backing up the car, using the ultra sound sensors and the side and rear view cameras.
2) Voice command to enable navigation on auto-pilot. Something like 'navigate on auto-pilot to XXXX'? Or support a separate command such as 'Turn-On / Enable Navigate on Auto-Pilot'.....

Lots of good ideas. Mine is something that irritates me no end at night. When the EAP is activated and the screen is in nighttime mode, it's hard to see the first warning message. I usually don't notice until the blue light comes on. It should be simple enough to reverse the color of the first warning message at night to be white background with black lettering, so that it stands out against the black screen and I can see it peripherally.

Have Driver Profiles also store additional settings, like Creep. My wife likes creep, but we keep forgetting to turn it on when she hits her driver profile.

Also have the driver profile store performance settings, i.e. Chill/Normal or Chill/Performance.

That way you can have a John-Chill profile and a separate John-Performance Profile so you don't have to go into multiple sub-menus if you quickly want to switch to performance while on the road.

Reactions: RBowen
Android auto and Apple Carplay

Android auto and Apple Carplay

I miss my state of the art Honda clarity infotainment I kid you not. Why... Playlists and waze. Two huge deficiencies in the Tesla infotainment which I would use every day. It doesn't matter how slick it is if it doesn't have the right features.

I'd like to get an audible warning if you lock the car but a window is not closed all teh way to the top,
and have the Phone App inform you about the windows status.

It just happen that when going outside of the Model 3, I often put my hand on the door handle
and touch the windows buttons without noticing it.

I really want them to make the side mirrors have their own settings for reverse like the model S. This business of tilt down some fixed amount is brain-dead.
They already have this AFAIK. Just put the car into reverse then adjust the mirrors.

I would also like an update to adjust the auto dimming mirrors if they cannot get them to work properly.

They stay dark when no one is behind you and then you can't see anything.

Reactions: NeverFollow