Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, (and I couldn't think of a better place to post this) the grey wheels are apparently powder coated and not not made of a different material.

That does make a difference. I actually like the look of the silver wheels better on the Signature Red so if there isn't any difference other than look, I may go that route. Thanks.

To throw my hat in, if anyone is up for selling their silver 21 inchers, I'm open to buying (if the price is right, if it's 50 bucks less than what I can get it from Tesla forget it)
I'm getting a Sig so I want to get rid of the silver 21", but I want to *get* the 19" aeros.

I don't think there are going to be many people getting a Standard with 19" aeros who actually want the 21" wheels, which means I think trades aren't going to work out so well. :-(

EDIT: especially in my area, upstate NY (though I could easily make it to southern Ontario, PA, VT). But if I can get a guaranteed swap for 19" aeros; and someone is willing to accept 21" wheels which have been driven on in MY neck of the woods (crappy roads, likely to cause damage); and the person with the 19" aeros would compensate me $1K, say, which is half of the premium Tesla charges, plus the costs of changing the wheels, I'd seriously consider it.

EDIT 2: I'll make that clearer. Anyone in the country who is willing to sign a written contract, I will sell them the 21" wheels with tires, as-is used, for $1000 plus a pair of 19" aero wheels with all-weathers, new and unused, with the buyer of the 21" wheels to pay or otherwise arrange shipping and handling for both sets, and installation and removal. Unless Tesla changes their mind and fixes their unreasonable pricing policy.

Last edited:
Trade in market for 21" rims?

With an upgrade fee of $3,500 for the 21" rims, what are people's thoughts about the trade/rim swap market for 21" 19" wheels? For some reason, I can't imaging people swapping their 19" wheels up to 21" for more than $2,500, and even then you'll have to find somebody in your area that would do a local swap since shipping/logistics will be a nightmare.

Thoughts (again.. this is me trying to justify bump up to performance)?

The existing thread for wheel trades is here.

[Mod note: Thanks for the link. Have merged threads and deactivated your link (since we're already here!). b.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I still haven't finalized my order yet. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading their 19" wheels for the 21" (plus some $)? If someone can take advantage of that, I'd rather do that than donate the extra money to Tesla.

I am located in the Vancouver (BC) and willing to go as far as Seattle and surrounding area. Or if shipping cost isn't too crazily high, location wouldn't be an issue.

Or, might certain knowledgeable TMC members know whether it would be easy to sell off Model S' 21" wheels?

Anyone order the Tesla, stuck with 21" wheels, but want the 19"s for whatever reason (weather, style, all purpose tires, etc..)? I expect delivery in Feb, and want to trade my 19s away for 21s. Let me know if anyone is interested in doing a swap.

[email protected]

Thanks

im looking to trade my 19s for PERFORMANCE 21s as well

im in southern california and have my car now

if anyone is interested, please pm me your offers

thanks!