Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When do the 2023 Vins start showing up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m really curious for what the cutoff will be for vehicles no longer including the ultrasonic/parking sensors. I was up for getting the latest until I heard about that change hitting all of Teslas vehicles.
It will be at Tesla convenience.
China / Fremont / Berlin / Austin will all institute them when they need to.
Tracking that? Only Tesla internal VIN database will know.

Cars go thru several steps to assemble, then QC, then rework, etc, so the ultrasonic sensors may continue to show up weeks after 'official' changeover, if ever announced as such.

Reactions: randmness
Tesla Canada site DriveTesla:

Tesla Model Year 2023 Production​

If you follow us on Twitter, you would have known that earlier this week Tesla began model year 2023 production for the Model 3, as well as the Model X.

According to an internal communication sent to Tesla employees on Wednesday, a copy of which was obtained by Drive Tesla, Model 3 built on or after October 4 will be a 2023 model year, while the same applies to Model X built on or after October 3.

For now the Model Y and Model S are still on 2022 production, with the email stating more information will be coming soon on these two vehicles.

If you receive a VIN for your new car, you will know it is a 2023 model year by looking at the 10th digit, which will now be P (2023) instead of N (2022).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ord3r and DrGriz