Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is strike reset?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea really. Probably scroll wheels not enough to satisfy.

I would have liked to have had audio at regular speed of the original video though it was pretty long. Just to see how many beeps he got.

But probably scroll wheels insufficient.
However it’s an example of receiving the scary big red wheel not preceded by a warning without using a cheat device.

if the scroll wheel is not enough, then it should have given the “apply turning force” message that couldn’t be satisfied by the scroll wheel, requiring wheel torque.
Not disengage without warning

There were plenty of warnings to apply torque.

But I agree it should be setup such that, if this is what happened (not clear), scroll wheels should not clear the warning.
Maybe Tesla did not include using only scroll wheels in the test cases for the new weight detector. So, the scroll wheels cleared the nag, but the weight detector interpreted no torque the same as no torque variation, so concluded that there was a weight.

Just accept, Alan, that there are now disconnects without warnings. How you chose to defeat the nags is entirely a philosophical issue that should clearly be separated but yet understood. It's not a legitimate argument that so what you get disconnects without warnings, you don't defeat the dreaded nags the same as I do, or as Tesla has randomly decided is acceptable, for regulatory purposes. Now, for example, Tesla has arbitrarily decided that constant torque for 10 minutes and one second is against the rules, evidence of using weights, while 9 minutes and 59 seconds is just fine. That's not about safety. Whether or not the disconnects happen under other yet-to-be-defined circumstances, which certainly appears to be the case, although perhaps not as often or consistently, however, that distinction is not entirely relevant. It's a philosophical deflect. Everyone wants to defeat the nags, everyone. We just indulge silly debates about the purpose and nature of those nags, methodologies for defeat, and of course, the always go-to when losing an argument, safety.

Just accept, Alan, that there are now disconnects without warnings.

Haha, plenty of warnings. What we see in the video is not an example of what I would call an unwarranted strike in any case.

And we don’t even have the video! As I said real time with audio is definitely something I’d want to see. I don’t have the patience to go frames-by-frame to catch all the instances where there was actually a beep (if any). You can only get so many of those!

I do think to the extent there are errors in the programming of the system they should be fixed.

Reactions: PACEMD
Haha, plenty of warnings. What we see in the video is not an example of what I would call an unwarranted strike in any case.

And we don’t even have the video! As I said real time with audio is definitely something I’d want to see. I don’t have the patience to go frames-by-frame to catch all the instances where there was actually a beep (if any). You can only get so many of those!

I do think to the extent there are errors in the programming of the system they should be fixed.
Well, those videos are probably all faked anyway........

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Yes and with no warning. I ended up with 2 of these in 3 days so I'm on my last one.
I am afraid to lose FSD so for now I stopped using NoA or FSDB.

From now on I am going to engage it only if I am recording a video.
I really hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does and I end up in FSD jail, at least I will have video evidence.
I also received two disengagements with no audio warning, I happened on the same trip. It would be nice to have some way of driving down your number of disengagements. For example perhaps some amount of driving using FSD with no disengagements or maybe no disengagements for several months. It does not seem logical to have a system that only goes one way, in this case increase a score.

Reactions: MTOman
Well that’s not true for me. I’ve gotten two strikes because I rest my elbow on the door by the window and that didn’t put enough force on wheel… and when I drive on long stretches of highway I am not constantly checking the screen… I watching the road.
Hey ALAN aka Mr. Perfect, that’s NOT an answer and I’ll be laughing all day when it happens to you 🤣

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Hey ALAN aka Mr. Perfect, that’s NOT an answer and I’ll be laughing all day when it happens to you 🤣

I will be sure to post when I get a strike, and I will post accompanying video if it occurs when I am recording (which I try to do all the time just in case).

The people want to know.

I really want this to happen, and have taken to driving with no torque on the wheel except when requested, which is a rare event these days. It really seems very zen when eyes are on the road and it thinks both hands are on the wheel.

Last edited:
Where in the notes did you read this? Not in any of the release notes found online either.
You were right!

However, has anyone had their FSDbeta reset yet? Mine is still disabled. I don’t remember exactly what day it installed but I don’t think it’s been two weeks either.

Reactions: MTOman