Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When the ACTUAL cybertruck pricing is released…,

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will have a really hard look at both Rivian and CT.
I placed reservations for both the CT and the R1T and took delivery of the R1T this summer. The R1T is an amazing truck, not without its early startup glitches, but still an amazing truck. The only serious flaw so far, is the charging network. If Elon opens up his charging network to non-Tesla’s I may just stick with the R1T and drop the CT.

Reactions: alexgr and T3SLAROD
I just want a work/play truck. No Sunroof or Glass roof. 250 to 300 miles of towing range. I like the Rivian interior but looks a little tight. I like having a 60 40 split bench with fold down center console. Or buckets with a short center console. I can throw my dirty muddy gloves on the floor in front of the seats. Plus I like more side leg room without the full center console.

I just want a work/play truck. No Sunroof or Glass roof. 250 to 300 miles of towing range. I like the Rivian interior but looks a little tight. I like having a 60 40 split bench with fold down center console. Or buckets with a short center console. I can throw my dirty muddy gloves on the floor in front of the seats. Plus I like more side leg room without the full center console.
300 miles towing is a lot to ask for.

Reactions: Suns_PSD
Tesla has no problem selling without a Government handout …… they won’t have a problem selling this above 80k… well the only problem will be all those resellers who paid $100 for reservation
Elon said the price would go up 10 to 15 grand. That means 20. The dual was first advertised at $49,000. So, 49+20=69 thousand. If they make the Dual available, it will qualify. At least based on price.

I use my current truck for hauling lumber, sheet goods, yard supplies, and occasional furniture. I will never off-road with it and really have no need to tow when I have a bed. I have a reservation for the cybertruck tri-motor (quad motor now presumably) for the longest range. My alternative is buy a Y performance with the tow package and get a cheap trailer for my needs. That is significantly more hassle than just driving a truck. Pricing becomes a pretty significant issue in this comparison. Original price was 69.9k so any rise over 10k would bump the CT over 80k and not be eligible for any tax rebate. I can get a Y performance with tow hitch for 71k plus (presumably) 7500 off from rebate. If the CT is even 81k that's a 17.5k difference. (Plus 1k more to replace the idiotic yoke on the CT with an aftermarket wheel to make it usable.) That's a no brainer to skip the truck for me.

I use my current truck for hauling lumber, sheet goods, yard supplies, and occasional furniture. I will never off-road with it and really have no need to tow when I have a bed. I have a reservation for the cybertruck tri-motor (quad motor now presumably) for the longest range. My alternative is buy a Y performance with the tow package and get a cheap trailer for my needs. That is significantly more hassle than just driving a truck. Pricing becomes a pretty significant issue in this comparison. Original price was 69.9k so any rise over 10k would bump the CT over 80k and not be eligible for any tax rebate. I can get a Y performance with tow hitch for 71k plus (presumably) 7500 off from rebate. If the CT is even 81k that's a 17.5k difference. (Plus 1k more to replace the idiotic yoke on the CT with an aftermarket wheel to make it usable.) That's a no brainer to skip the truck for me.
If they make the Dual Motor with LFP batteries (last forever) and it gets under the 80K threshold, would that sway you?

Because he didn't say it. He gave a general statement that there would be an increase, but never specified an amount. Certainly not "10-15k".
So you think it could be something small like say $3or $5k? You’re really dreaming. Pretty sure Elon would not even have mentioned a price increase if it was going to be a something small. He was prepping us for some degree of sticker shock. I believe the market and supply price increases alone will make a $10-$15k increase. But we’ll have to wait until they finally get around to releasing both final specs and pricing.

Probably in about two weeks!

So you think it could be something small like say $3or $5k? You’re really dreaming. Pretty sure Elon would not even have mentioned a price increase if it was going to be a something small. He was prepping us for some degree of sticker shock. I believe the market and supply price increases alone will make a $10-$15k increase. But we’ll have to wait until they finally get around to releasing both final specs and pricing.

Probably in about two weeks!
I never said it would be small or big, just that neither Elon nor Tesla has made any specific statement beyond there will be an increase.