Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the new Supercharger going to be in NJ ? Any confirms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think its horrendous that Tesla told us that there would be more superchargers on the Northeast and in NJ by the end of summer and its already labor day and they haven't built any of them. Tesla store Paramus said the Nj supercharger would be up hopefully in October! Tesla said 27 superchargers by the end of June!

I think its horrendous that Tesla told us that there would be more superchargers on the Northeast and in NJ by the end of summer and its already labor day and they haven't built any of them. Tesla store Paramus said the Nj supercharger would be up hopefully in October! Tesla said 27 superchargers by the end of June!

I think they thought it would be easier to get it done.

I think they thought it would be easier to get it done.

if the time horizon was 6 months I could understand that but when you are about an event that was to happen within 4 weeks I just think it is misinformation. I am certain there is a lot involved in locating and building a supercharger but if you say it is to be done in 4 weeks then most of the time consuming work should have been accomplished.

That being said I am curious to see how close they come to the "current" projection of 27 by end of summer, with end of summer being 9/21 as I think this will give us a good indication on how accurate the Fall/Winter forecasts will be. If they miss by more than 1 or 2 then I think we can throw out the entire map and just hope for the best.

Any latest news of superchargers in New Jersey???
I called customer support about parasitic power loss questions and than asked about when the superchargers in New Jersey are coming up? Replyed "Dont know"...It will just show up on the web site one fine day...when its open...hmm!

Problem with NJ Supercharger delay has more to do with the State of NJ than Tesla!

..................something about the Hwy & Transportation people not letting Tesla on service plazas unless they can charge all EVs.
SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Tesla said..."OK' we can fix that" and NJ said "..........don't think so!"

Hope I'm wrong but a Tesla Supercharger in NJ may have to be on private land which takes it out of PKY or TRNPK service areas.
Morons!

Problem with NJ Supercharger delay has more to do with the State of NJ than Tesla!

..................something about the Hwy & Transportation people not letting Tesla on service plazas unless they can charge all EVs.
SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Tesla said..."OK' we can fix that" and NJ said "..........don't think so!"

Hope I'm wrong but a Tesla Supercharger in NJ may have to be on private land which takes it out of PKY or TRNPK service areas.
Morons!

If they need the cooperation of the NJ government it's going to be a long wait:)

I had emailed the Turnpike Authority asking about electric vehicle charging not Tesla specific and got back the following:

The Patron Services and Business Development of the New Jersey Turnpike Authority is in receipt of your recent letter involving Charging Stations for Tesla owners. Our department oversees the (21) Service Areas offered on the Garden State Parkway and the New Jersey Turnpike.

The New Jersey Turnpike will review any proposal submitted by an electric vehicle charging station provider and then strive towards a mutual agreement between the New Jersey Turnpike Authority and the interested firm or potential candidate.

I'm guessing other Tesla owners are asking since they replied Tesla specific.

The latest I heard from Tesla Paramus Mall is that there is going to be two superchargers by Edison and one by Springfield which is by the NJ Tesla service center. Obviously on private land not public land because of NJ DOT policy that it has to be a universal charger not a Tesla charger inorder to be on public land.

The latest I heard from Tesla Paramus Mall is that there is going to be two superchargers by Edison and one by Springfield which is by the NJ Tesla service center. Obviously on private land not public land because of NJ DOT policy that it has to be a universal charger not a Tesla charger inorder to be on public land.

hmmm now that Tesla has a CHAdeMO adapter, I wonder if Tesla can finagle something where it's a CHAdeMO charger that has a Tesla adapter locked to it in some way (such that it can be pulled off but not stolen). Then it's "generic" and Tesla's can still supercharge on it.

Perhaps they should just add a simple J1772 connection to the Supercharger with access in a separate space. That's both the most universal and the cheapest. As long as it was in it's own space it wouldn't impact the Supercharger use.

Alternatively, if NJ didn't accept the idea of dedicated spaces, they could add an SAE Combo connection. The problem with CHAdeMO is that it's protocol is so different from the Supercharger.

Perhaps they should just add a simple J1772 connection to the Supercharger with access in a separate space. That's both the most universal and the cheapest. As long as it was in it's own space it wouldn't impact the Supercharger use.

Alternatively, if NJ didn't accept the idea of dedicated spaces, they could add an SAE Combo connection. The problem with CHAdeMO is that it's protocol is so different from the Supercharger.

I believe they proposed installing chargepoint stations side by side with the superchargers but were denied because the superchargers are not generic. that's why I am proposing a generic supercharger (with a Tesla adapter). the difference being that it's 1 device (not 2 devices side by side).

Interesting. Do any of the other service centers have superchargers, too? Seems like a good idea.

Something that needs to be remembered when talking to the people in the stores is that they don't necessarily know anymore than we do. In some cases they just repeat things they have read online. Now I'm not saying this is the case here, but something that needs to be factored in when listening to the folks in the stores.

Something that needs to be remembered when talking to the people in the stores is that they don't necessarily know anymore than we do. In some cases they just repeat things they have read online. Now I'm not saying this is the case here, but something that needs to be factored in when listening to the folks in the stores.

No , I heard from the Tesla Paramus Mall salepeople that they saw from the Tesla regional northeast manager's map the location of the superchargers. They said by late October they will be built.

No , I heard from the Tesla Paramus Mall salepeople that they saw from the Tesla regional northeast manager's map the location of the superchargers. They said by late October they will be built.

We've all been given the run around by these Tesla employees. Each time getting a different answer. Either they don't know, or they are jerking us around intentionally. I would take anything they say with a grain of salt until someone finds tesla shipping crates at a construction site.

Right and others have gotten different locations but have had the same "regional northeast manager's map" sighted as the source. They just don't know so don't take what they say as gospel unless you are prepared for them to be wrong. Remember the people in the stores are so far down the food chain of Tesla they don't have any information about Supercharger roll out, future upgrades, nothing like that. They are not told these thing but keep getting asked about them, so they look online and try to figure out the answers. It is no different then going to an Apple store and asking when the next "iSomething" will be out. They don't know but will give you an answer.

We've all been given the run around by these Tesla employees. Each time getting a different answer. Either they don't know, or they are jerking us around intentionally. I would take anything they say with a grain of salt until someone finds tesla shipping crates at a construction site.

I don't think they are jerking us around intentionally. It is more likely they are trying to be helpful and are just sighting bad information. Totally agree that until the crates show up at a location, everything we hear should be taken with a grain of salt.