Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the production ramp?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No Steve I'm not replying to your post to disagree with you or anything like that..

Concerning the 33K cars. All I did was take 400K and divide it by 12 to get how many cars per month that need to be made and that's 33K.

Concerning the million smiles.....400K people / families getting their cars would yield 400K times 2 or so per family being happy to get their model 3. That's all.

I have absolutely no disagreements with you at all.

What I talked about was a good chance of Tesla getting to 400K deliveries by the end of June 2019, a milestone you expressed a desire to see. That's 18 months, which comes to 22K per month, or about 5K per week on average over the next 18 months. Reasonably good chance, but, not a certainty, they hit that aspiration you set.

What I talked about was a good chance of Tesla getting to 400K deliveries by the end of June 2019, a milestone you expressed a desire to see. That's 18 months, which comes to 22K per month, or about 5K per week on average over the next 18 months. Reasonably good chance, but, not a certainty.
Indeed. that is reasonable.

I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed for all 400K to have a picture of their Model 3 under the Christmas tree next year. That may not be reasonable as your numbers, but that's my hope.

Indeed. that is reasonable.

I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed for all 400K to have a picture of their Model 3 under the Christmas tree next year. That may not be reasonable as your numbers, but that's my hope.

hope, cross your fingers, etc., as you like... it would be nice if somehow that stuff works, but, you and I both have already stated upthread we think that "appears impossible" at this point, to use your exact terms.

It would be great for a million people to feel like this guy on stage next year. I'm not trying to be prude......but he has a billion reasons to be happy and he deserves it. He worked hard.

Tesla please lets spread the same smile and joy that this guy has to a million people with 400K reservations fulfilled.

I understand your point and sentiment, but looks can be deceiving...
(Assuming that was the 3 employee delivery event)

I'm hoping that either an insider or a very informed person would answer. There are some in this forum.

Like the person who got the ailing gentlemen his red Tesla Model 3 early. That was absolutely great and obviously done by folks with inside influence. Great move on Teslas part.
Me thinks someone is just looking for some attention again.

• Funny
Reactions: dsvick and Pkmmte
@Garlan Garner
So I think something just clicked in my brain.
Does your thread title mean "where in the ramp are we?"? meaning: how is the ramp going? what is the current rate?
As opposed to "where is this ramp that was supposed to happen?" Meaning I'm not seeing any signs Tesla is making more 3's than before/ they still aren't out of production he'll.

@Garlan Garner
Does your thread title mean "where in the ramp are we?"? meaning: how is the ramp going? what is the current rate?
As opposed to "where is this ramp that was supposed to happen?" Meaning I'm not seeing any signs Tesla is making more 3's than before/ they still aren't out of production he'll.
Exactly.

• Informative
Reactions: mongo
Whether Tesla's still in production hell or not partly depends on whether the hundreds of cars in the Fremont lot are there waiting to be delivered, or there waiting to be fixed.
Anyone know?
Robin

We got one delivered 24 hours after getting our order email. It’s a Christmas miracle. I’m hoping all the parked ones are ready to sell.

Whether Tesla's still in production hell or not partly depends on whether the hundreds of cars in the Fremont lot are there waiting to be delivered, or there waiting to be fixed.
Anyone know?
Robin
Anyone who “knows” certainly won’t be posting about it here. There no evidence that there is a problem with them, and a small amount of evidence that some are being delivered. My vote goes towards difficulties scheduling deliveries around the holidays.

Are you trying to say the two cannot both be true?

Tesla chose a vendor, Tesla chose a level of oversight, the vendor failed to meet their obligation, Tesla took resposibily for their role, Tesla fixed the issue .

Cause: vendor's failure to meet specification
Responsibility: Tesla

A captain is responsible for what happens on their ship. That does not mean they are the one that lost the anchor and chain.
And that is exactly what Elon said at the Q3 Earnings Call: "although the vendor has failed to meet their obligations, we are responsible".
A more mature approach then many of his critics who childishly keep playing the blaming game.

Last edited:
Reactions: tracksyde and kbM3
In a very short period of time, my twitter feed filled with people about to take delivery of their Model 3. And that 'people' includes one of my sisters. She's taking delivery tomorrow afternoon and is over-the-moon excited. We're taking a short road trip to make sure she comfortably makes the transition to EVs (of which I have no doubt, but it's a great excuse to give me time to fully check out a Model 3 :) ).

imo, we're on the ramp. It's started.

@Garlan Garner
Yes, the title was worded oddly... the question implies something other than was apparently meant.

@Garlan Garner

Yes, the title was worded oddly... the question implies something other than was apparently meant.
We can probably be forgiven our confusion given the OPs post history and past tone.

Reactions: erthquake
I'm hoping that either an insider or a very informed person would answer. There are some in this forum.

Like the person who got the ailing gentlemen his red Tesla Model 3 early. That was absolutely great and obviously done by folks with inside influence. Great move on Teslas part.

That was me - I wouldn't call it 'inside influence', but rather just knowing the right people & knowing that Tesla has a heart.

As I've stated in another post, I think the ramp is starting in earnest ... but that is purely based on the number of tweets I'm seeing from people excited about their scheduled deliveries. I'll be at the Fremont Delivery Center tomorrow, as my sister takes delivery, so I expect I'll have better knowledge (based on how busy they are). But I have zero inside information. And if I did, I wouldn't be posting even this.

Reactions: SageBrush
That was me - I wouldn't call it 'inside influence', but rather just knowing the right people & knowing that Tesla has a heart.

As I've stated in another post, I think the ramp is starting in earnest ... but that is purely based on the number of tweets I'm seeing from people excited about their scheduled deliveries. I'll be at the Fremont Delivery Center tomorrow, as my sister takes delivery, so I expect I'll have better knowledge (based on how busy they are). But I have zero inside information. And if I did, I wouldn't be posting even this.

Congratulations! I'm sure your sister will be very pleased I'm sure impressed with the 3 Santa left as a surprise for the wife in our driveway.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    441.4 KB · Views: 59