Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior on SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
US will probably also get a 1-2K price reduction in Q1, not clear if this will apply outside US.
Prices have just been raised in the US!

Tesla increases price of Model 3 as federal tax credit ends - Electrek

LR AWD has gone up USD 1000 over the past month and SR+ by USD 500. US orders now will not be delivered until the new year, so US buyers will not only get this price increase but Federal Tax incentive will be zero.

So... don’t hold your breath for price cuts.

Prices have just been raised in the US!

Tesla increases price of Model 3 as federal tax credit ends - Electrek

LR AWD has gone up USD 1000 over the past month and SR+ by USD 500. US orders now will not be delivered until the new year, so US buyers will not only get this price increase but Federal Tax incentive will be zero.

So... don’t hold your breath for price cuts.

exactly, the theory is they have raised the price now so they can reduce it after the tax change like they have done previously. Also means they can offer ‘discounts’ on any inventory cars before the end of the year if needed.

Reactions: Hovean
exactly, the theory is they have raised the price now so they can reduce it after the tax change like they have done previously. Also means they can offer ‘discounts’ on any inventory cars before the end of the year if needed.
That makes no sense to me - make two price changes to end up where you would have been without the expiration of the tax credit? Just make one change on 1 Jan if that’s the goal. My prediction is this won’t happen. I guess we’ll find out soon who’s right :cool:

That makes no sense to me - make two price changes to end up where you would have been without the expiration of the tax credit? Just make one change on 1 Jan if that’s the goal. My prediction is this won’t happen. I guess we’ll find out soon who’s right :cool:

pricing is a dark art (along with most marketing). I am not alone, a few others have commented the same here Tesla just updated prices, increasing Model 3 by $500 : teslamotors

as I mentioned they could introduce a range increase but really lots of outcomes are possible. If they start model Y ramping it could impact model 3 production as well.

Hopefully they release white seats on all model 3 globally before they start white seats in model Y.