Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model 3 in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off, my apologies for the quality of the picture. It happened this afternoon on the shuttle bus from Muir Woods to Sausalito and I only had a couple seconds to fish my phone out of my pocket and snap a pic before both the car and the bus started moving. It all happened so fast that I really don't have much recollection of the details of the car. I noticed the shape of the hood, the T on the front, and instantly thought "Model 3!"

You can't tell much from the picture, and I don't know whether this is a release candidate or production car. But zooming in on the interior clearly shows that the seats are not black. I think they are ultra white, but suppose they could be cream.

Has anyone else seen this car? Any other observations?

index.php

Attachments

• IMAG1682[1].jpg
    IMAG1682[1].jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 1,624
Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, that doesn't make sense. Even if it was a production car they wouldn't have their real plates yet. Plus all the early ones come with the premium interior, which has the wood. My guess is that's a RC and they blurred the manufacturer plate out of perceived courtesy.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Hmm, that doesn't make sense. Even if it was a production car they wouldn't have their real plates yet. Plus all the early ones come with the premium interior, which has the wood. My guess is that's a RC and they blurred the manufacturer plate out of perceived courtesy.
Does anyone recall seeing any RCs with white seats and non-wood trim on the dashboard? I only remember seeing those options on the silver alpha. Seeing a white-on-white Model 3 in the wild may be a first?

On the other hand, note in the close up of the wheel that the tire valve stem cap is missing. Unless the owner has OCD about checking tire pressure all the time, what are the chances this would get misplaced already on a brand new car?

I just don't think this is a production car. They are focused on just getting the 3 produced as fast as possible and this would only add complication. I know the white interiors we have seen had a white insert on the dash but I thought maybe we would see wood on a production model.

Does anyone recall seeing any RCs with white seats and non-wood trim on the dashboard? I only remember seeing those options on the silver alpha. Seeing a white-on-white Model 3 in the wild may be a first?

On the other hand, note in the close up of the wheel that the tire valve stem cap is missing. Unless the owner has OCD about checking tire pressure all the time, what are the chances this would get misplaced already on a brand new car?

There weren't any before now. However now that they are making real initial production cars they are going to need to make non-PUP small battery test cars to test those things before they put them in production in a few months. And white interior as well.

First off, my apologies for the quality of the picture. It happened this afternoon on the shuttle bus from Muir Woods to Sausalito and I only had a couple seconds to fish my phone out of my pocket and snap a pic before both the car and the bus started moving. It all happened so fast that I really don't have much recollection of the details of the car. I noticed the shape of the hood, the T on the front, and instantly thought "Model 3!"

You can't tell much from the picture, and I don't know whether this is a release candidate or production car. But zooming in on the interior clearly shows that the seats are not black. I think they are ultra white, but suppose they could be cream.

Has anyone else seen this car? Any other observations?

View attachment 241285
Good catch with the camera. 9 out of 10 times, the moment is gone by the time I get my phone outta my pocket and the camera on.

Optical illusion that there are 2 people in the passenger seat?

Checking on the Model S configurator, white interior doesn't cost any more than the premium black, so I'm hoping the same happens here.
Looking at the other pics it doesn't look like it's black chrome, it's just reflecting the darkness around it.
I also think that whatever options are being presented to employees now will become what is presented to regular customers. No point starting production of an option then not selling it.

The white looks great on a new car...but if you look at it cross-eyed it will get dirty/stained, especially if that is leather and not some synthetic. I wouldn't let a pair of jeans within 50 yards of that seat thinking about dye transfer! I'm hoping when I get a chance to see the interior options, there is something light for heat rejection, but not so easily marred in appearance.

brushed aluminum dash too

Respectfully, how can you tell? Maybe it's just the iPad screen I'm browsing this on but I can't see anything on the dash except darkness and shadow. Maybe my night vision is bad LOL.

There was a red one spotted with real plates (HISMDL3) already.. a few days ago

If you look again, though, that plate didn't have registration tags. So clearly the owner had ordered the plate in advance and put it on the car when they took delivery. You're right that it's too soon for any of the 3's to be officially registered yet.

Reactions: Ulmo