Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I also got the same message yesterday morning. Any idea why there are a lot of delays?
There are like 14 MYLR White/Black, 19"/20" in Toronto Inventory. Why didn't they put some white interior in some of them? Bit disappointed.
In one of the threads, people are mentioning there is delay for anyone who ordered the white interior and there are cars built but still waiting for white interior to complete the assemble.

In one of the threads, people are mentioning there is delay for anyone who ordered the white interior and there are cars built but still waiting for white interior to complete the assemble.
Which gives me hope honestly. I wouldn’t mind a slightly older build with USS. I know they are trying to move away from that technology but it sounds like they weren’t ready and the vehicle has lost some functionality until the full transition to vision.

Im also low key hopeful eveything gets delayed just enough to push me past Jan1 at this point. What’s another month of waiting?

Which gives me hope honestly. I wouldn’t mind a slightly older build with USS. I know they are trying to move away from that technology but it sounds like they weren’t ready and the vehicle has lost some functionality until the full transition to vision.

Im also low key hopeful eveything gets delayed just enough to push me past Jan1 at this point. What’s another month of waiting?
No one really knows if in a long run USS is better than the new Vision cameras ,or Austin built cars are better than those of Fremont CA.

No one really knows if in a long run USS is better than the new Vision cameras ,or Austin built cars are better than those of Fremont CA.

100% agree, but in that uncertainty of not knowing cars have lost functionality without USS. No auto park, no summon…

it’s just odd to me they would strip parts out of a car with this weird “it may be better, it may not” move while losing some great features that make people love the tech.

Could care less if I get a F or an A. Factory makes no difference to me.

100% agree, but in that uncertainty of not knowing cars have lost functionality without USS. No auto park, no summon…

it’s just odd to me they would strip parts out of a car with this weird “it may be better, it may not” move while losing some great features that make people love the tech.

Could care less if I get a F or an A. Factory makes no difference to me.
I know very little about the Tesla cars (still waiting for mine) so in the meantime I try to learn as much from U Pros
(1) No auto park ... does it apply only to cars with FSD?
(2) No summon... what is this and what does it do?

I read U pros discuss about parking at airport and potential losing charges , some Pros offer suggestions but I can't seem to wrap my head around best solutions. If U pros have to do 1-2 things to solve this issue, Please tell me what they are
Many thanks
(my EDD was end of Nov to beginning of Dec, now Tesla issued the VIN and I could schedule for pick up next wk, before Thanksgiving)

I know very little about the Tesla cars (still waiting for mine) so in the meantime I try to learn as much from U Pros
(1) No auto park ... does it apply only to cars with FSD?
(2) No summon... what is this and what does it do?

I read U pros discuss about parking at airport and potential losing charges , some Pros offer suggestions but I can't seem to wrap my head around best solutions. If U pros have to do 1-2 things to solve this issue, Please tell me what they are
Many thanks
(my EDD was end of Nov to beginning of Dec, now Tesla issued the VIN and I could schedule for pick up next wk, before Thanksgiving)
Congrats! Super exciting for you to get the car.

As far as “U Pros” goes, I’m not an expert by any means, just use the message boards as a place to research and comment my thoughts on any given day (while I wait for one of the most anticipated purchases of my life).

I’ll try to answer - auto park was taken away when they stopped putting ultrasonic sensors in the car. Which means you can’t push a button to let the car park itself. Summon is an Enhanced Auto Pilot feature that allows you to use the app to park in tight garages or pull forward when cars are parked too close to you in a parking lot (a feature we used a lot as a family).

There aren’t necessarily “solutions” to any of these. Just an assumption/hope that Tesla figures out Vision so these features return.

Congrats! Super exciting for you to get the car.

As far as “U Pros” goes, I’m not an expert by any means, just use the message boards as a place to research and comment my thoughts on any given day (while I wait for one of the most anticipated purchases of my life).

I’ll try to answer - auto park was taken away when they stopped putting ultrasonic sensors in the car. Which means you can’t push a button to let the car park itself. Summon is an Enhanced Auto Pilot feature that allows you to use the app to park in tight garages or pull forward when cars are parked too close to you in a parking lot (a feature we used a lot as a family).

There aren’t necessarily “solutions” to any of these. Just an assumption/hope that Tesla figures out Vision so these features return.
you can’t push a button to let the car park itself (Does it work ONLY when U have FSD? or U don't need FSD). Summon is an Enhanced Auto Pilot feature that allows you to use the app to park in tight garages or pull forward when cars are parked too close to you in a parking lot (a feature we used a lot as a family). (again, Does it work even WITHOUT FSD?)
Thanks.

you can’t push a button to let the car park itself (Does it work ONLY when U have FSD? or U don't need FSD). Summon is an Enhanced Auto Pilot feature that allows you to use the app to park in tight garages or pull forward when cars are parked too close to you in a parking lot (a feature we used a lot as a family). (again, Does it work even WITHOUT FSD?)
Thanks.
Yes. Although EAP is an added feature.

If they are going to remove USS, I think it is fair if they upgrade all the cameras as well. Especially if they going to heavily rely on those cameras for Tesla vision.
The car with USS now, Tesla might disable them in the future and the owner will be stuck with the old camera with no USS
I am fine with them delaying my order because I really want the upgraded camera.

If they are going to remove USS, I think it is fair if they upgrade all the cameras as well. Especially if they going to heavily rely on those cameras for Tesla vision.
The car with USS now, Tesla might disable them in the future and the owner will be stuck with the old camera with no USS
I am fine with them delaying my order because I really want the upgraded camera.
Absolutely. Even if they would give a verified timeline or “Tesla vision and software updates will be available by x”

With Tesla’s track record of delaying features/hardware indefinitely I’m more worried that they’ve lost Summon & AutoPark forever than the tech actually working and being available with new hardware.

Absolutely. Even if they would give a verified timeline or “Tesla vision and software updates will be available by x”

With Tesla’s track record of delaying features/hardware indefinitely I’m more worried that they’ve lost Summon & AutoPark forever than the tech actually working and being available with new hardware.
I have watched a few videos that people post on Youtube, smart Summon is a great feature to have, but for now, I don't think the feature is ready yet. Hopefully through the upgrade from HW 3.0 to 4.0 and plus the upgraded camera, smart summon is able to do what it suppose to.

I hope they are not dropping summon and auto park as well. also if they are dropping those features, they will lose lots of potential customers who wants to get EAP

Has anybody got any updates on White on White, I saw the other thread and people are receiving the white w. black int. from March but not the white int. So it's a huge backlog where all the white interiors are pending. It's gonna be a crazy show ahead. I'm from Canada so any Canadian friends got any update on their MYLR W/W?

Has anybody got any updates on White on White, I saw the other thread and people are receiving the white w. black int. from March but not the white int. So it's a huge backlog where all the white interiors are pending. It's gonna be a crazy show ahead. I'm from Canada so any Canadian friends got any update on their MYLR W/W?
Nope, and I just found out from our building company that I probably need to cancel my order becuase the purchase took too long and I’m having to apply for financing on the home before financing the Tesla.

I’m devastated.

Nope, and I just found out from our building company that I probably need to cancel my order becuase the purchase took too long and I’m having to apply for financing on the home before financing the Tesla.

I’m devastated.
That's very unfortunate, maybe you can delay your order or switch to MYP and get near instant delivery. Looks like you're on older pricing based OD, like me

I ordered a White/White Model Y in May. Estimated delivery in the month of December.

Why would the white seats cause delays? Aren't they the same material as the black seats, but with a different dye? I've tried to search on the topic but find nothing.
Unsure, but it's a commonality at this point. I'll hold out for white though.

My dates moved this AM, 12/9-31

I feel like, for a while, most if not all black interior 5 seat LR's were made in Austin, and recently several are coming out of Fremont. Maybe since they can't make white int components fast enough they're building more recent black int orders while they wait. Pure speculation on my part.