Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does it drive compared to your 2021 MY? Night and day difference or just a bit better?
To me it is noticeably better. I sold my 2021 LR MY last summer partially because the ride quality was worse than the 2018 M3 I owned before. Getting $10,000 more for it than I paid when new was the main reason I sold though. That was a weird time! Anyway, with the softened ride, price reduction, and available tax credit, it seemed like a good time to get back into a MY and I'm very happy with the ride quality now.

New date 3/17 -3/31
Like most of you, I've gotten new april-may delivery dates. I was frustrated like everyone so I wanted to test the water and went with my 2nd choice color which was blue and see if I might have a sooner date, just to test the water. I decided on the black interior. If my dates does not change in thr next few days I was going to change it back. At that stage past March it really wouldn't matter anyway. So I change my configuration yesterday and got my vin today. Scheduled delivery March 19 to March 28. Just wanted to share my experience.

Reactions: JT8427
This is a little bit like frantically changing lanes in a traffic jam, it's possible you will get ahead in a different lane, it's also possible you will get stuck for even longer, even if that lane looked like it was moving faster when you made the switch. The traffic jam everyone is sitting in here is much more complex than any on the highway, you can't get an accurate view of what's going on from your seat in the forums with only dozens of contributors where no real patterns can be established. People who switched to something they didn't want and then got delayed further are a lot less likely to share their experience than people who feel like they found a secret hack to get ahead.
I think I agree. Have left my order be, but many times almost changed it.
Maybe the delivery sites are overwhelmed with the cars are already there and just need to catch up.

A friend ordered a white blue MYLR 3 1/2 days before me and has had his car well over a month and Unless the EDD changes it could be another 2 1/2 months before mine arrives.
Hard to believe what a few days between pushing the order button has made .

W/W /5 seat/19's MYLR Changed to Black interior and added tow.
OD 1/18 EDD Now April 9-May 14
Like most of you, I've gotten new april-may delivery dates. I was frustrated like everyone so I wanted to test the water and went with my 2nd choice color which was blue and see if I might have a sooner date, just to test the water. I decided on the black interior. If my dates does not change in thr next few days I was going to change it back. At that stage past March it really wouldn't matter anyway. So I change my configuration yesterday and got my vin today. Scheduled delivery March 19 to March 28. Just wanted to share my experience.
Well I just folded on keeping the white interior.

Just switched to Black and added a tow hitch which kept the final price the same

Still a LR Y. Hoping for an Updated delivery date. Sooner I Hope.

I think I agree. Have left my order be, but many times almost changed it.
Maybe the delivery sites are overwhelmed with the cars are already there and just need to catch up.

A friend ordered a white blue MYLR 3 1/2 days before me and has had his car well over a month and Unless the EDD changes it could be another 2 1/2 months before mine arrives.
Hard to believe what a few days between pushing the order button has made .

W/W /5 seat/19's MYLR Changed to Black interior and added tow.
OD 1/18 EDD Now April 9-May 14

Well I just folded on keeping the white interior.

Just switched to Black and added a tow hitch which kept the final price the same

Still a LR Y. Hoping for an Updated delivery date. Sooner I Hope.
Good luck. 👍

At that stage past March it really wouldn't matter anyway.
If you're referring to the tax credit changes in March, nobody will know when or how it will go into effect until the IRS "Notice of Proposed Rule-making" (NPRM) comes out, which is sometime in March. There are many car people assuming that "guidance released in March" means "changes will go into effect in March", but if you talk to tax and law people, they'll tell you that there is most likely going to be a public comment period of 60 days after the guidance is made public before any change goes into effect. Here's the best article I've seen on the topic, written by a tax lawyer, not a car blogger.

Changed back to W/W... maybe lost my place in line if there really is one.

The car will get here eventually.
Sorry Guys, I want a Model Y soon so changed my order to a Performance and to afford it dropped the white interior, But got a VIN issued and an updated sooner delivery estimate. Hope those of you folks waiting for a White / White Combo get your cars soon as well. The white Combo is Strikingly Good Looking Tesla.
Best wishes everyone

VIN Assigned - shipping to Michigan from California so no pick up date yet. Fingers crossed!

W/W, 19", tow hitch
OD 1/14 of MYLR
Original EDD Jan-Mar
Many Shifting EDDs
Moved to W/W MYP, tow hitch once tax credit changed in Feb
VIN assigned on 3/8 - Fremont build
Finalized Loan Today - in Michigan so had to be paid before pickup
EDD currently (and has been for a couple of weeks) March 18-27

i just got delivery today everything was good, find no scratch, everything is perfect, and W/W 19" LR freemont build ....

VIN Assigned - shipping to Michigan from California so no pick up date yet. Fingers crossed!

W/W, 19", tow hitch
OD 1/14 of MYLR
Original EDD Jan-Mar
Many Shifting EDDs
Moved to W/W MYP, tow hitch once tax credit changed in Feb
VIN assigned on 3/8 - Fremont build
Finalized Loan Today - in Michigan so had to be paid before pickup
EDD currently (and has been for a couple of weeks) March 18-27
Congratulations! I ordered the same car and on the same day. Still waiting in So Cal. No VIN.

CCC88626-D992-4B4E-B5AD-0FA70FBECD11.png

Oh wow. This one is available in Miami

Similar happened to me. Frustrating.
7 seater, white on white seats.
OD: 1/19
EDD: March 21-32
Updated EDD: April 11-May 16
My OD: Jan 17
EDD: Mar 26 - Mar 31
Model Y, LR, 5 Seat, Black Interior
Planning on changing from 5 seater to 7 seater. But I’m worried my delivery date would postpone way too long and might affect federal rebates of 7500. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.