Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who gets the garage!?

Who gets the garage?

• S 100D Midnight Silver 2,000 miles

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • X P100D Obsidian Black 9,500 miles

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m trying to decide which car to park in the garage. My wife doesn’t actually care if her X is in or out. The X technically SHOULD fit with doors open 100% but I haven’t tested it yet. We take delivery of a VERY discounted P100D inventory X on Friday. The car is obsidian black with 9,500 miles on it. I’m worried the black will show more dirt being parked in the driveway. My S is midnight silver and might be easier to clean. However it also fits way easier in the garage.

The X will have two kids under the age of 4 constantly loading in and out and that may be easier to do in the driveway versus a cramped garage. I can always test both out for a week and see. But obviously, I’m curious what others would do in this situation. Thanks in advance!

And congrats on the P100D!

Did you get like 30K+ off the price?

Thanks! Exactly $43,900 off the price. It was unbelieveable! Killed off the black wheels to save another $5k.
3C7639D0-BC83-4484-B862-2FDB35EFC42D.png

Congrats!

Although obviously this is what Telsa folks do as they wait for their cars (since you can of course just test it out and switch), but on one hand you say the FWD will open 100%, but then you talk about loading the kids might be harder in the garage. My FWDs only open about 75% while in our garage, but it more than enuf room for our 4 year old to climb up and get in her car seat (and for us to stand up and buckle her).

The only issue is you have to be careful of the bottom edges of the doors as you can back into them or turn and come face to face with them. But keeping a black car cleaner, no issues with weather, charging inside, and proper temperature all favor using our garage.

If it were me I'd keep your "date night" sedan in the garage and the wife's family van in the driveway. Wife doesn't care, easy access for her and the kids and no worries about the falcon wing doors at all. If she doesn't mind dodging the rain occasionally with kids in tow, no worries here for snow so not a huge weather issue.

Reactions: Lhshockey24