Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has received a call/email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Of those of us who configured just this past week when they opened it up to everyone, I'm curious who is getting the call/email for delivery. Please provide date you reserved, date configured, region, when your edit button disappeared, and your configuration. I'm curious if anyone who reserved this year has recieved it yet..

Reserved: 4/5/2016
Region: NJ, USA
Edit button disappeared: Day after config, 6/28
LR, RWD
Midnight Silver
18'' aeros
premium interior, black
EAP + FSD

Contacted by phone 6/29
Confirmation email received 6/29
Delivery available as early as 7/6 but set for 7/7

Reserved: 4/2/16
Region: MD, USA
Configured: 6/26/18 (no email invitation)
LR, RWD, Deep Blue, Aero wheels, PUP, EAP + FSD

Contacted by phone: 6/29
Confirmation email with VIN: 6/29
Delivery date: 7/23
VIN 270XX

Reserved: 4/28/2016
Region: FL, USA
LR, RWD
Midnight Silver
18'' aeros
premium interior, black
EAP + FSD

Contacted by email 6/29
VIN Assigned (258XX) 6/29
Delivery available set for 7/17

Reserved: 5/20/2018
Region: GA, USA
Configured: 6/27
LR, RWD
Silver Metallic
18'' aeros
premium interior, black
EAP

Contacted by email: never
Confirmation email received 6/28
VIN Assigned (258XX) 6/29
Delivery available set for 7/18

Wow so people are getting their cars before people who ordered 1-2 years ago? That is messed up. I know I reserved late and am fine withing in place....but to give people cars that reserved only a month ago over those who reserved two years ago seems like very poor business practices. Congrats anyways to those that are getting them now

Wow so people are getting their cars before people who ordered 1-2 years ago? That is messed up. I know I reserved late and am fine withing in place....but to give people cars that reserved only a month ago over those who reserved two years ago seems like very poor business practices. Congrats anyways to those that are getting them now

Cannot disagree....not sure what Tesla is doing.

Reserved: 4/1/2016
Region: MD, USA
Config: 6/27/18
LR, RWD
Red
18'' aeros
premium interior, black

Contacted by phone 6/29
ISA said delivery can be as soon as 2weeks, emailed asking me to confirm my financing institution, I replied on 6/29. She emailed me again today 7/2 asking the SAME thing! Not sure what's going on, did she not get my reply?? I replied AGAIN, still no VIN. :mad:

seems everyone who has posted so far in this thread about the quick turnaround is on the east coast...interesting. i'm here in so cal (4/1/16 reservation, configured last friday afternoon) and have heard nothing yet...

LR, RWD, PUP, EAP, midnight silver metallic, aero

Reserved: 4/2/16
Region: CA, USA
Configured: 4/18/18 (received email invitation)
LR, RWD, Deep Blue, Aero wheels, PUP, EAP + FSD

Contacted by phone for delivery details: 6/22
Confirmation email with VIN: 6/25
Delivery date: 6/28
VIN 341XX

the fact that you reserved after me and were invited to configure back in april (and we're both in CA) is more than slightly frustrating.

Region: TX, USA
Config: 6/27/2018
LR, RWD
Midnight Silver
18'' aeros
PUP, Black
EAP,FSD

I called Tesla yesterday and asked if I had a VIN assigned since the edit button was gone as of 6/29. They were able to confirm that I had a VIN assigned but couldn't tell me what it was. Said I should receive a call or email either this week or next from the ISA.

Config: 6/27/2018, ~10:30pm CST
LR, RWD
Black
18" aeros
PUP, black
EAP, FSD

1st email from ISA on 7/2 confirming address, method of payment, etc... I replied within the hour
2nd email from ISA on 7/2 afternoon, telling me my online account would be updated to make final payment within 72 hours... I checked an hour later and it was ready, so I made final payment and let ISA know about it
3rd email from ISA on 7/2 evening, asking me to pick a delivery time 07/17-07/21, I picked 07/17
4th email from ISA on 7/2 evening, confirming 07/17, "unless it's ready to go before"

Config: 6/27/2018
LR, RWD
Midnight Silver
18'' aeros
PUP, Black
EAP,FSD

I called Tesla yesterday and asked if I had a VIN assigned since the edit button was gone as of 6/29. They were able to confirm that I had a VIN assigned but couldn't tell me what it was. Said I should receive a call or email either this week or next from the ISA.

are they answering calls for Model 3 ? I need to talk with them I want to ask them if VIN has been assigned. I couldnt customize and order on 6/28 and so i did it on 6/30