Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has received a call/email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your trade-in option is currently set to “yes” and you still don’t see the edit button then most likely you have a VIN assigned!
You can call Tesla to confirm that.

Which city/state are you in?

In Austin, TX. Reserved 6/23/16 - I called the day after the "edit" button went away and didn't have a VIN at the time. I'll likely call again tomorrow just to double check but don't have my hopes up.

So I placed my order on June 30th. $2500 is paid and taken from my credit card. All delivery information is filled out and checked green. However, all I received is an email confirming my order to which a reservation confirmation was attached. My account dashboard has no document or anything. Is this normal? Should I be calling in?

So I placed my order on June 30th. $2500 is paid and taken from my credit card. All delivery information is filled out and checked green. However, all I received is an email confirming my order to which a reservation confirmation was attached. My account dashboard has no document or anything. Is this normal? Should I be calling in?

Everything looks normal. From the looks of it, those of us getting an email from ISA, eventually followed by a purchase order in the documents section placed their order on the 28th. Might be days, weeks, or months before you get to the next step, depending on how many people configured on 28th,29th...

Wow so people are getting their cars before people who ordered 1-2 years ago? That is messed up. I know I reserved late and am fine withing in place....but to give people cars that reserved only a month ago over those who reserved two years ago seems like very poor business practices. Congrats anyways to those that are getting them now
+1. Sick to my stomach! Capitalist pigs! Line waiter for SR AWD.

Reactions: vzaitsev
So I read somewhere that the reason the edit button disappears has nothing to do with VIN assigned. It stated that it is when all the green checks come up AND your 2500 payment clears. Anyone else hear this?
Yeah seems like it. I forgot to CONFIRM my final payment method, the last one unchecked. I just did it and the edit button went away on my smartphone. Didn't confirm on desktop browser yet though. This is for a 6/27 order. I had access to the 5 page order agreement dated 6/27 on my account page already (though my order confirmation email only had the 1 page reservation agreement).

Reactions: talkingevs
How about if you toggle between trade in or no trade in? Some people think if “edit” comes back then you don’t have a VIN and if it is still gone you do.

So as an experiment, I toggled from no trade in to trade in. The edit link comes back. The title message "Your Delivery Profile is Complete" under the pic of your configured car turns to "Pending". Then I toggled back to my original selection of no trade in. The edit link goes bye bye and the title turns back to "Your Delivery Profile is Complete."

Res date 2/14/2018
Invited 6/28/2018
Configured 6/29/2018
Delivery says Sept thru Nov 2018

My edit link is still there but I’m not changing a darn thing! Pending items are trade-in (yes for me) and financing (will arrange myself). For both items it says “As your delivery day approaches, we will contact you...” for more info.

My configuration is LR Premium AWD EAP Midnight Silver 18” wheels. Super excited. Can’t wait to make my last visit ever to a gas station.

Reactions: dhrivnak
So as an experiment, I toggled from no trade in to trade in. The edit link comes back. The title message "Your Delivery Profile is Complete" under the pic of your configured car turns to "Pending". Then I toggled back to my original selection of no trade in. The edit link goes bye bye and the title turns back to "Your Delivery Profile is Complete."

Supposedly if it comes back you don't yet have a VIN. My edit button doesn't come back no matter what I do but I'm still not believing that I have a VIN....

@kemble54 that is normal for the payment to stay pending, I think everyone's stays like that until the deal is completed.

in case this helps a person or two:

Just a follow up to this, I had assumed that my VIN was not yet available as I can not see it directly on my account dashboard, and as the ISA had mentioned I would get it about a week before delivery (delivery happening on 7/17).

I was just clicking around now, and opened the "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" (had not clicked on this before as I thought it was just a generic link), and just realized this was the actual detailed invoice, including the VIN.

VIN is 33xxx
Found mine but no VIN whatsoever.. Cannot wait!! I called in today to ask about my edit button disappearing, and got connected with an ISA. He said to still expect the usual 3-5 months but he said it could also be a few weeks. But still expect 3-5 months. I think he is trying to manage expectations but said it could be sooner.

Just changed-in option - no EDIT button still. But it does take my trade-in status back to "pending". I'm scared to leave it like that so I'm leaving it as on trade in...

You and I are in the same boat. I called on Monday and they told me I had a VIN, but they couldn't give me the number. I haven't seen posts of people from Austin getting a call/email from an ISA yet, but looks like Houston and Dallas are having much better luck. Fingers crossed we'll hear something soon.

You and I are in the same boat. I called on Monday and they told me I had a VIN, but they couldn't give me the number. I haven't seen posts of people from Austin getting a call/email from an ISA yet, but looks like Houston and Dallas are having much better luck. Fingers crossed we'll hear something soon.

I’m located in Austin and I have a VIN assigned! Reserved on 04/01/16, got invited to configure on 06/27/18 which I immediately ordered the RWD/PUP/Aero/White.

Got an email from ISA on 07/03/18 that I had a VIN assigned and wanted me to confirm some information and he responded with the VIN number the same day (38XXX). I was then required to start the trade-in process by taking pics of my Subaru which I completed on 07/04.

He wouldn’t discuss any delivery dates with me until I confirmed with him that I had my my financing ready and that I fully paid. Although I’m approved through my credit union already, the amount I’m requesting is contingent on my trade-in value which is still pending on their website. If I don’t get an estimate by tomorrow, I’ll probably email him or call what’s up.

On that point, anyone know how long it takes for them to appraise the car and give u a trade-in value? The website said within 24 hours.

Interestingly, insurance quotes for the M3 have generally around $20-30 cheaper than my ‘15 STI.

Supposedly if it comes back you don't yet have a VIN. My edit button doesn't come back no matter what I do but I'm still not believing that I have a VIN....

@kemble54 that is normal for the payment to stay pending, I think everyone's stays like that until the deal is completed.

Were you able to call Tesla to check if you have a VIN or not?

If you don’t, then the theory of VIN assignment being related to the presence or absence of EDIT button, would be proven wrong.

Were you able to call Tesla to check if you have a VIN or not?

If you don’t, then the theory of VIN assignment being related to the presence or absence of EDIT button, would be proven wrong.

I did but it was on 6/29 I believe which was the day after I configured.

I’ll call again today and see if I can get an update. I’m actually hoping for as late a delivery as possible while still getting the tax credit but would take it now if it was ready.

I received email and then phone call on June 29. I was on wait list since February 2018. I spec'd car and then received call that Model 3 will be delivered in Ohio July 19. Really fast once the email and call came in.

I'm calling right now and will update. It doesn't matter if I change trade in yes or no, my button hasn't shown since last Friday. I recently changed it to no so that it says my delivery profile is complete...will probably sell our car to carvana, vroom, or CarMax unless Tesla comes in really high on a Prius prime. No call or email from Tesla saying I was assigned a VIN. So we shall see if the theory holds up once I'm off hold.