Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has received mud flaps from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Barnsy, I drove a couple days with only the small ones and could clearly see that crap was still thrown on the underbody. I don't believe they are enough by themselves to protect the car in our bad winters with all the salt and gravel that is thrown on our roads.

Would you say that the small ones keep spray off the side of the car?

What's a bigger question for me is just how well they keep the car clean. When there is any wetness on the road (winter or summer) the door seems to become filthy really quickly. I'm wondering how much the small flaps would improve this.

Seriously they won't mail them?
I'm in Calgary. Let me know if I can help.
Thanks for the offer.
Not worth worrying about though. ~$25.00 mud flaps & ~ $25.00 to send them here. I do have PPF on the rockers.
Might be heading to Utah and as they don't have chargers on much of I 94 in ND & MT I might have to do the Canadian route and could hit Calgary, but again hardly worth it.

There is someone planning to do the Cross Canada (P. Ocean to A. Ocean) route using only Tesla Chargers so he might be able to pick them up for me and drop off here.

Reactions: Vawlkus
I worry that the design in general is lousy, I have PPF (I own a PPF company here in Montreal) on my rockers.

I picked up the mudflaps but have yet to install them, worried about the damage they may cause when there is a lot of snow.

971C4BBE-C350-4627-8204-A689486951A6.jpeg

This was my car this morning LOL

• Love
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
FYI for those living far from a SC. I booked a mobile service appointment for an unrelated issue and got a text asking if I’d like them to bring the kit for me and they also offered to install for $26.25+ tax.

Too bad I already went to the Oakville SC and picked them up.

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
FYI for those living far from a SC. I booked a mobile service appointment for an unrelated issue and got a text asking if I’d like them to bring the kit for me and they also offered to install for $26.25+ tax.

Too bad I already went to the Oakville SC and picked them up.

I had suggested that option to Calgary but nope. Too bad they couldn't send with the $710.00 CHAdeMO adapter that I just ordered. Not $500 CAD.
@Goodtohave, that is what my wheels look like right now. You are most likely correct to not install.
The PPF is probably all that is really needed though.

I have a P3D and just installed the kit. Had to take the mud flaps off after a test drive and just kept the rock guard on. Rubbed going in and out of garage and on sloped driveway. Don’t think I’d recommend putting them on if you have a Performance model as it is lower.

The design is not good for our climate. It's not the rubbing on the ground, they're flexible enough. It doesn't cover the fender high enough and crud accumulates inside the thing and will accumulate inside the fender because they don't block the hole in the fender. Look at evmudflaps from Antirouille Bolduc. They're not the nicest looking but they do good protection. PPF is still mandatory in our climate no matter what you install.

Reactions: Goodtohave
The design is not good for our climate. It's not the rubbing on the ground, they're flexible enough. It doesn't cover the fender high enough and crud accumulates inside the thing and will accumulate inside the fender because they don't block the hole in the fender. Look at evmudflaps from Antirouille Bolduc. They're not the nicest looking but they do good protection. PPF is still mandatory in our climate no matter what you install.

Would you consider the Rally Armor mudflaps for the Mod3? I believe they are double the price of the EVMs. I had them on my STI and they were great out here in Ottawa. Just not sure if they are worth the extra $$$.

I don't know for performance, I have an awd. Mine rubbed a couple times on speed bumps even when i was going slow. They are really pliable rubber so I'm under the impression that it wouldn't cause harm. Again, at slow speed. It's just an impression though, I can't guarantee nothing will happen

LiquidMetal, the rally armour ones look good too. I prefer no logo since it's not a rally car (I had a WRX before and they would have looked great on that).
The mounting hardware looks sturdier. Then again, I mounted mud flaps with metallic hardware once and was not able to remove them in summer due to extreme corrosion. I prefer the plastic mounting of the evmudflaps for that reason.

I picked up my M3 two weeks ago and it only had small mud guards in the front. I had purchased mud guards from Amazon and got a third party to install them for me.. cost of installing was $40 and the cost of mud guards was about $40 as well..

well worth it though..