Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who still doesnt have Summon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the update to 26.3 from 21.9 yesterday. It happened shortly after I visited a service center to repair the driver seat base. I asked them to update the firmware while it was in for repairs but when I got it back I noticed it was 21.9. Later that afternoon though, I got the update notification. Can't be mere coincidence I think

Stop by the Service center parking lot. Connect to wifi and occasionally you will see the update notification within 30 minutes. Something about being near the Service center triggers an update. I can't explain it, but it has worked for me in the past. Most recently this week.

Stop by the Service center parking lot. Connect to wifi and occasionally you will see the update notification within 30 minutes. Something about being near the Service center triggers an update. I can't explain it, but it has worked for me in the past. Most recently this week.

My car was at the service center for about 45 min last weekend and nothing happened. Maybe I was crossing my fingers too hard :(

Really wish Tesla would let some of us opt-in to always get the latest update in exchange for frequent and thorough bug reporting.

This. I wouldn't doing this either as long as it doesn't brick my car. I'm all for beta testing and reporting any bugs to the software team that handles these kind of things.

Also, I'm still running 21.9 as well. Kinda sucks that Tesla is slow to roll out these updates but it is what it is.

This. I wouldn't doing this either as long as it doesn't brick my car. I'm all for beta testing and reporting any bugs to the software team that handles these kind of things.

Also, I'm still running 21.9 as well. Kinda sucks that Tesla is slow to roll out these updates but it is what it is.

It wouldn’t be so bad if it was just bug fixes. But it’s also new features like WiFi, Summon, camping mode (!), etc. So to me it's like having the latest smartphone but only being able to run software from two years ago. The potential is there but you frustratingly don't have access to it.