Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why a Y Needs Mud Guards/Flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to pay WeatherTech to mass produce something for you, you to can get your logo printed on it. What's your point...
The point is if you are a large OEM, like Tesla, or a retail company like Home Depot you can contract to have items made to your specification. If you want your private brand printed on the product, no problem; no logo at all is not a problem.

The point is if you are a large OEM, like Tesla, or a retail company like Home Depot you can contract to have items made to your specification. If you want your private brand printed on the product, no problem; no logo at all is not a problem.

Right. All Midnightsun needs to do is pony up the cash for thousands of units and RA will probably make them a 'no logo' version.

How dare Midnightsun have a preference on the products they buy... But for real, I too will not be buying these with such ugly branding. I’ll just stick with the PPF route or wait for another manufacturer. Rally Armor of course can design these however they want, and folks like Midnightsun and I can decide whether we want their products. I don’t see what the problem is passing along the feedback that some customers want an unbadged look.

• Funny
Reactions: Velcade
I don't know what either one of those companies (Midnightsun, RA) produce. I.e. Sears has a house brand Kenmore. Sears sells all sorts of home appliances under the Kenmore label and a separate house brand Craftsman for tools and yard equipment . These products, right down to the service manuals and parts, are made by major appliance manufacturers such as GE, Maytag and Toro. You can even go online to cross reference the Kenmore model numbers with the OEM models. Often Sears will specify one or several unique features for the Kenmore branded item, like an additional drying cycle on the clothes dryer. Otherwise the dryer will share identical parts with the OEM unit.

Tesla sells mud flaps for the Model 3; someone manufactures those for Tesla. I'm not sure if they have the Tesla logo or not.

Last edited:
I don't know what either one of those companies (Midnightsun, RA) produce. I.e. Sears has a house brand Kenmore. Sears sells all sorts of home appliances under the Kenmore label and a separate house brand Craftsman for tools and yard equipment . These products, right down to the service manuals and parts, are made by major appliance manufacturers such as GE, Maytag and Toro. You can even go online to cross reference the Kenmore model numbers with the OEM models. Often Sears will specify one or several unique features for the Kenmore branded item, like an additional drying cycle on the clothes dryer. Otherwise the dryer will share identical parts with the OEM unit.

Tesla sells mud flaps for the Model 3; someone manufactures those for Tesla. I'm not sure if they have the Tesla logo or not.
Sorry, what did Any of that refrigerator and tool babble have to do with a mud flap? Lol

Reactions: HeyEph and Velcade
Nothing wrong with identifying the brand but be discreet. Make is black on black and not something that shouts out like a neon sign. Kinda like tires, brand is there but black on black. Yes I know there are white lettered tires out there but the point is you have the choice and this is why if they make them reversible everyone gets what they want.

Do your after market wiper blades shout out Bosch in big bright silver letters that can be seen form 25' away. Not sure how one can compare appliances and other non related items which should have a brand on them then again most are pretty discreet, we are talking car accessories.

I just glanced around my kitchen, fridge has no exterior brand indication, nor the dishwasher, nor the exhaust hood but it does say Kitchen Aide on my oven. Hmmm, wonder if I can debadge it. LOL.

Nothing wrong with identifying the brand but be discreet. Make is black on black and not something that shouts out like a neon sign. Kinda like tires, brand is there but black on black. Yes I know there are white lettered tires out there but the point is you have the choice and this is why if they make them reversible everyone gets what they want.

Do your after market wiper blades shout out Bosch in big bright silver letters that can be seen form 25' away. Not sure how one can compare appliances and other non related items which should have a brand on them then again most are pretty discreet, we are talking car accessories.

I just glanced around my kitchen, fridge has no exterior brand indication, nor the dishwasher, nor the exhaust hood but it does say Kitchen Aide on my oven. Hmmm, wonder if I can debadge it. LOL.

I have a new vent hood on the way, and my first step is going to be removing the hideous branding on the front. I'm hoping it's glued on and not riveted.

happy to say my very first post on this site is a good one. Hi. i'm the test vehicle that Rally Armor is using to fit their upcoming mudflaps. Met up with them yesterday. first and foremost awesome company and was very impressed with the warehouse tour.
now, onto what matters. we installed the first print of mudflaps. the difference between what i have and the final release is: 1) the edges were just a rough cut vs what rally armor typically does to smooth out their edges. And 2) the unique clips they are using will need to be powder-coated. mine are currently shiny stainless steel (used a magic marker to make them black). the final release will be black powder-coated to match with the wheel well. the clips are important as this will not require anything to be drilled in. all things considered, this is a quick install which can be completed in 5-10 minutes. how strong are the clips? very very strong. the flaps do not budge off the car.

i'll let the pictures speak for themselves. as i get more information i'll try to provide. the good news is this is just around the corner and more than just a thought.

View attachment 626483 View attachment 626484 View attachment 626482 View attachment 626481 View attachment 626480
Good deal. Would love to know any impacts to range.

Those Rally Armour flaps look really nice however I hope they will be available without the advertising as this would turn me off for sure. Suggestion for rally Armour, can you make them so they are reversible to either show or not show the advertising by flipping them over and using the left for the right and visa versa? I still think there are many that would prefer the moulded type after seeing the responses to the Canadian flaps I installed.
Speaking of which...on your EV flaps, does the shiny side face forward or to the rear? And how do you like them?

Make is black on black and not something that shouts out like a neon sign
Rally Armor generally offer a range of colors for both the flaps and the logo. No black on black that I've seen, but they have a dark grey on black option generally as well as a few other colors for the logo on their black flaps. At least that has always been the case for my Subaru's. I point to the BRZ options as an example (thought some cars have even more options) Urethane Mud Flaps, Rally Armor

Speaking of which...on your EV flaps, does the shiny side face forward or to the rear? And how do you like them?

Got my Evmudflaps set delivered today and I installed them with the shiny side facing back. I thought the idea of the textured side facing forward would be for debris being kicked off the tire to not stick to the texture. I don’t know...maybe it’s the shiny side that debris would stick less to. :)

They can easily be swapped around so I’ll see how it goes.

If someone is interested in only the rear flaps, PM me. I only installed the fronts since the rear ones were hard to install without taking off the tire. I may just stick with fronts only.