Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why the obsession with deleting chrome?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to have a fully chromed car. Would be tons of fun on a bright sunny day. :)
_DSC0458.jpg

If the car has badging, people want to remove it.

If the car doesn't have badging, people want to add it.

If the interior is glossy, people want to make it look matte.

If the interior is matte, people will make it look glossy.

So If the car has chrome, people want to delete it. I predict there will be Model Y mods to add chrome in.
I got a dog. Everyone told me I should have gotten a cat.

• Funny
Reactions: SaloonGoon
Fondly remember road trips in my Dad's 1957 Roadmaster. Great car. The photo is a 1958 Buick. Symbol of an era that was good if you lived it.

I like the chrome on my M3.
I watch several shows on the Motortrend Channel. Boy, do the rebuilders complain about the complexity of front ends of Cadillacs, Buicks, etc., of late 1950s to early 1960s vintages, and the amount of stuff that needs to be re-chromed.

Why is this a thing?
I personally do not like the chrome. That’s one reason why I liked the white cars because it kinda hides it better. But I choose red in the end. The clear non tinted windows also helps the chrome not stand out so much. Never liked them. When I had the bmw I choose the sport trim to delete the chrome and would have gladly paid for a permanent delete. I personally haven’t deleted mine because I’ve learned to ignore it, and also the current solutions are 3m tape and are not permanent. They’ll eventually need replacing.