Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Elon give Autopilot free for 2018 or early 2019 buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EAP was $5,000. To add FSD was $3,000 over that.

At least for those whom Basic AP was not included and did not wish to pay $5,000 for EAP then bAP should be a $1,000 upgrade.

Would be nice if it was that simple! :D

I made this a while ago to demonstrate the different prices people have paid cumulatively to purchase FSD. Minimum was $5,000 total during the March 2019 fire sale, theoretical maximum was $14,000 if someone bought EAP post-delivery and then bought FSD after the price increase to $7,000 but before it became discounted for EAP owners.

fsd_prices.png

In my personal situation, I bought my car late March 2019 without AP, so I paid $3,000 to upgrade to base AP. So my minimum FSD upgrade cumulative price is now $10,000.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Resurrecting this thread to bring you all this news: Tesla to offer basic Autopilot for retired Model 3 variant, and it will be discounted too

Looks like you very patient folks are finally getting a base Autopilot discount. I'm thinking between $1,500 and $2,000. What are your thoughts?

That article is very odd as it ties the discount specifically to the retired LR RWD trim, which doesn't make any sense. The price of AP has no relation to trim level--either it came with your car or it didn't--and all trims have always had access to the same prices at the same time and still do today.

I'm all for an across-the-board sale on the price of AP, as I still haven't bought it for my AWD car. :p

Reactions: ra88it
We paid for the full EAP/FSD in early 2018 on our RWD LR Model 3, but that's OK if others get it at any price.

I estimate getting about 25 upgrades and some really good ones with unexpected features on this car. Seems some people missed out on parts of it. The way I see it, I'm still ahead on the fun factor over the past couple years - a real show for the money. Highly recommend everyone jump in with both feet.

Not true I purchased it for $2K on my 2018 in that sale.

Had to pull up the Internet Archive, but it looks like you're right: Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

"Any customer who bought a Tesla prior to this week’s price adjustment will be able to upgrade to Autopilot for $2,000 or Full Self-Driving capability for an additional $3,000 (those who previously purchased Enhanced Autopilot and want to upgrade to Full-Self Driving capability only pay $2,000)."

I was always under the impression that it was EAP and FSD until after the fire sale!

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Big IFF but it would be free for Tesla to offer to all cars prior to included AP to get AP at some discount, costs them nothing and might push more into the AP camp.

and future FSD camp too. Let's all tweet @elonmusk. (I did)

Exactly. Same here. Wanted a Y but couldn't wait. Then all of a sudden it's there early. Grrrr...

Me 2. except I'm waiting for the SR Y with 7 seats so that'll be a while and maybe the truck will be avail by then too( Need atleast 6 seats)