Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will they do this (inventory instead of new order)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Daft really unless they're confident they can sell it for the full price. Give it to next Tuesday, a couple of days before the quarter end, and if they have any unsold stock, delayed deliveries, cancelled orders etc and they'll snap you hand off to get the car delivered this month.

Daft really unless they're confident they can sell it for the full price. Give it to next Tuesday, a couple of days before the quarter end, and if they have any unsold stock, delayed deliveries, cancelled orders etc and they'll snap you hand off to get the car delivered this month.
Exactly, plus my ordered one will go back into stock / inventory and sold at the higher price so they’re not loosing out in anyway?

Oh well, if another one / the same one appeared near quarter end I’ll give them another call and see and if not, waiting until May / June. Hope it comes earlier as my VW Golf is sold and going next Saturday and we’ll be living with just my wife’s electric Vauxhall corsa for a few months

Reactions: Mrklaw
It does make a degree of sense to Tesla for them to let the OP take the inventory car at the original order rate. It's a slightly older build, where the new one will have been more recent. I's not like they'll struggle to sell them! They'd have to let him have a car at that price anyway, so what difference does it make in reality?

Then again, I'm applying logic to the allocation process, which I think we all know is futile.