Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windscreen replacement Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had their windscreen replaced yet? We have a large bullseye directly in front of the driver. Legally must be replaced. We have already had one repair done last year.
Have other people used regular windscreen repairers to replace them, or are they only done by Tesla? Our insurer is insisting we get a quote from their preferred provider (Winscreen's O'Brien) and I'm nervous about the possible damage that could be done to the connected electricals.
Tesla have told us there is a 2week wait for windscreens to arrive from China. This seems an unacceptable delay to me.

I made this photograph by request of the repairshop to identify the windscreen for replacement.
Please note: Tesla logo and brand name are printed in the lower driverside corner.
IMG_0775.JPG

Waiting three weeks for replacement, now...

I went through the same process twelve months ago.

Don't stress. O'Brien's will decline to replace the windscreen, as Tesla is the only supplier, and they are not an approved O'Brien's vendor.

The insurance company will then require you to get a quote from Tesla. They will then approve the Tesla quote.

It takes a few phone calls and chasing up, but turns out alright in the end.

It has to be done by Tesla anyway, as the camera calibration is critical..