Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure that you're finding tires for a Model 3 and not a Model Y? That's the stock size tire for a Model Y. For a Model 3, that's 20mm wider than stock and 43mm larger diameter. I don't know if it would fit or not, but it's got to be awfully tight.
Greg this is what is their configuration showing. First I am selected my Vehicle, after rims and after tires. 🤔 That's why I need some help from guys who have experience with this is kind configurations, installations because I am don't and only relied on website CanadaWheels cofigurator.

Attachments

• order.jpg
    order.jpg
    622.6 KB · Views: 89
  • tires 1.jpg
    tires 1.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Rim1.jpg
    Rim1.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Greg this is what is their configuration showing. First I am selected my Vehicle, after rims and after tires. 🤔 That's why I need some help from guys who have experience with this is kind configurations, installations because I am don't and only relied on website CanadaWheels cofigurator.
I just checked the CanadaWheels and while it is showing the Replika wheels for the Model 3 in size 19 x 9.5 with a 45mm offset, it isn't showing the 255/45-19 Michelins for the Model 3. For winter conditions, generally skinnier tires will provide better traction than wider tires. Also, having a taller sidewall height is generally helpful to prevent tire damage due to potholes and other road issues. Since you're looking at wheels and tires, I'd go to an 18" wheel and tire combo with either 18" x 8" or 18" x 8.5" wheels and either 235/45-18 or 245/45-18 tires. The 19" x 9.5" wheels with a 45mm offset are also a poor choice for winter. The wheels will stick out well past the tires and be very prone to damage unless you went all the way to a 265/35-19 which would be a rather poor size for winter tires on a Model 3.

I have 2021 Model 3 LR (19" option) and ordered winter tires Michelin 255/45R19 and rims Black stain Replika241 19" through CanadaWheels. CanadaWheels configuration showing this is will fit for Model3 LR, but some sites say no. Any you advise will be very appreciated.
Even if they fit, those tires would KILL your range because they’re so wide.

Reactions: sunfarm
I just checked the CanadaWheels and while it is showing the Replika wheels for the Model 3 in size 19 x 9.5 with a 45mm offset, it isn't showing the 255/45-19 Michelins for the Model 3. For winter conditions, generally skinnier tires will provide better traction than wider tires. Also, having a taller sidewall height is generally helpful to prevent tire damage due to potholes and other road issues. Since you're looking at wheels and tires, I'd go to an 18" wheel and tire combo with either 18" x 8" or 18" x 8.5" wheels and either 235/45-18 or 245/45-18 tires. The 19" x 9.5" wheels with a 45mm offset are also a poor choice for winter. The wheels will stick out well past the tires and be very prone to damage unless you went all the way to a 265/35-19 which would be a rather poor size for winter tires on a Model 3.
Thanks Greg, will cancel ( the not shipped yet)order tomorrow and reorder proper size 18 ".

Reactions: navguy12
Hi folks,

I've read several pages but didn’t see my question answered…

I have my M3 SR+ on order and am planning for Canadian winter. I am used to 2WD in winter (albeit FWD) and I have always had separate wheels / winter tires for winter. I will be doing the same for my new 3.

Without delving into the tire debate yet (will more than likely be going with Michelin XIce based on multiple sets and years of great experience with them), I’m trying to decide on wheels. I want to go with 18’s for winters and my two main considerations are cost of wheels and efficiency. The wheels I’ve looked at so far are:
- Replika R187 - well liked by many and very low price right now (~$125 Cdn / wheel), main con being: they are heavy and likely not that efficient - EPO TL03 - a copy of the stock 18’s that the aero covers fit onto. Only 21 lbs too. These run about $225 Cdn / wheel
- Fast Wheels EV01+ these run about $235Cdn/wheel - probably quite efficient and look ok but may not be any better in the efficiency department than the TL03 above that I could put my aero covers on.
- Full winter tire set from tesla @ $2500 - I’d probably just do it if it weren’t for no XIce option.

So, in the end, the R187 are by far the cheapest and decent looking option I’ve found, but I’m hesitant to order as I know I’m probably going to take a range hit in cold and/or inclement weather. I’m just wondering how much more of a range hit the heavier and less aerodynamic R187’s will cause in winter?

Any thoughts on my long-winded question? Thanks in advance…

Hi folks,

I have my M3 SR+ on order and am planning for Canadian winter. I am used to 2WD in winter (albeit FWD) and I have always had separate wheels / winter tires for winter. I will be doing the same for my new 3.

Without delving into the tire debate yet (will more than likely be going with Michelin XIce based on multiple sets and years of great experience with them), I’m trying to decide on wheels. I want to go with 18’s for winters and my two main considerations are cost of wheels and efficiency. The wheels I’ve looked at so far are:
- Replika R187 - well liked by many and very low price right now (~$125 Cdn / wheel), main con being: they are heavy and likely not that efficient - EPO TL03 - a copy of the stock 18’s that the aero covers fit onto. Only 21 lbs too. These run about $225 Cdn / wheel
- Fast Wheels EV01+ these run about $235Cdn/wheel - probably quite efficient and look ok but may not be any better in the efficiency department than the TL03 above that I could put my aero covers on.
- Full winter tire set from tesla @ $2500 - I’d probably just do it if it weren’t for no XIce option.

So, in the end, the R187 are by far the cheapest and decent looking option I’ve found, but I’m hesitant to order as I know I’m probably going to take a range hit in cold and/or inclement weather. I’m just wondering how much more of a range hit the heavier and less aerodynamic R187’s will cause in winter?

Wheel weight isn’t really a significant factor for efficiency. If the wheels you like are strong enough to survive your winter road conditions, get them!

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Hi folks,

Your tire choice, driving style, and weather will greatly affect your range. Your rim choice will slightly(basically invisibly) affect your range. They are winter rims man, just send it on what you want (economic decision or because those rims look fly as hell). I personally went a mixture of that with rims I thought looked acceptable but were also on the cheap spectrum.

Wheel weight isn’t really a significant factor for efficiency. If the wheels you like are strong enough to survive your winter road conditions, get them!

Your tire choice, driving style, and weather will greatly affect your range. Your rim choice will slightly(basically invisibly) affect your range. They are winter rims man, just send it on what you want (economic decision or because those rims look fly as hell). I personally went a mixture of that with rims I thought looked acceptable but were also on the cheap spectrum.
Thanks for the replies Zcd1 and GAGT. I found a message over at the Tesla owners online forum that sealed the deal for me on the R187’s…. It appears to be from one of the reps from the company…

Weight is 26.2 lbs, so about 3 lbs heavier than the Aero with the cap installed. This is because we wanted to keep the price down and as a result went with a cast construction, but also because we somewhat over-built it. It's rated for an 825 kg load which is some 30% higher than Model 3 requires and should make it a very durable wheel (as in Quebec road approved :)).
Ordered 4 of 18x8 R187’s from PartsEngine.ca today for $561.75 Cdn all in. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies Zcd1 and GAGT. I found a message over at the Tesla owners online forum that sealed the deal for me on the R187’s…. It appears to be from one of the reps from the company…

Weight is 26.2 lbs, so about 3 lbs heavier than the Aero with the cap installed. This is because we wanted to keep the price down and as a result went with a cast construction, but also because we somewhat over-built it. It's rated for an 825 kg load which is some 30% higher than Model 3 requires and should make it a very durable wheel (as in Quebec road approved :)).
Ordered 4 of 18x8 R187’s from PartsEngine.ca today for $561.75 Cdn all in. :)
I was just looking at those rims today on that site. That price is crazy good! I don’t have my M3 SR+ yet, but for that price it’s hard not to pull the trigger. Are those rims direct fit? No spacers or added items needed? How different will the 18x8 vs 18x18.5 look?

I was just looking at those rims today on that site. That price is crazy good! I don’t have my M3 SR+ yet, but for that price it’s hard not to pull the trigger. Are those rims direct fit? No spacers or added items needed? How different will the 18x8 vs 18x18.5 look?
I’m pretty sure they’re direct fit - there are quite a few people using them if you google “r187 Tesla “. As for 8“ vs 8.5”, I don’t think it’s a big difference. I may go with 225/50/18 for my winters anyway. I like narrower tires in winter and they should be a good match for the 8” wide rims.

Reactions: Floger
then why are there videos from martian and the like, that demonstrate increased range with lighter/smaller wheels?

Narrower tires/wheels or tires with lower rolling resistance may offer increased range. The effect of lighter wheels on range (in the absence of any other changes) would be virtually impossible to quantify.

Why do wheel manufacturers tout perceived benefits of their wheels? Hmmm, I dunno - maybe to help sell more wheels?!?

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12