Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Blade Replacement Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Environmental factors play a HUGE role in wiper blade longevity.

I'm in Fort Worth, not a lot of wet weather driving, blistering heat in the summer, BUT, my car is garaged most days.

My OEM wipers have lasted 48k miles, are almost 3 years old.
Could not agree more. Up north with salt infested roads and aggregate used on smaller roads, wipers are changed yearly at a minimum. Even the windshield starts getting pitted after a few years if you do a lot of highway driving.

My 96 Mercedes SL ragtop wiper is the original however the car is always garaged, stored in winter and not driven in the rain. Has 38,000 miles on it.

Could not agree more. Up north with salt infested roads and aggregate used on smaller roads, wipers are changed yearly at a minimum. Even the windshield starts getting pitted after a few years if you do a lot of highway driving.

My 96 Mercedes SL ragtop wiper is the original however the car is always garaged, stored in winter and not driven in the rain. Has 38,000 miles on it.
I’m up north and still on the orig wipers
I’m saying the Tesla wipers are a tremendous value with such great quality
Walmart selling their top of the line for $60 a pair and they won’t last over a year

I get the fit was great but how about performance? I found Bosch had very negative ratings on the costco website...

The AeroTwin is the same as Tesla's OEM blade without the branding, so the performance is the same.

Note, that the model AeroTwin is actually be 3397014116 for Model 3 and Y as the other number has the incorrect blade size for the passenger because it has 20" instead of 19".

Last edited:
Reactions: fsb1
The AeroTwin is the same as Tesla's OEM blade without the branding, so the performance is the same.

Note, that the model AeroTwin is actually be 3397014116 for Model 3 and Y as the other number has the incorrect blade size for the passenger because it has 20" instead of 19".
The AeroTwin number you posted is for the Model 3 and NOT the model Y. The correct number for the Model Y is 3397014621 which by the way is the same for the refreshed Model S and X.

Here is the fitment chart not to mention I personally have installed this set on both our S and Y.

Last edited:
The AeroTwin number you posted is for the Model 3 and NOT the model Y. The correct number for the Model Y is 3397014621 which by the way is the same for the refreshed Model S and X.

Here is the fitment chart not to mention I personally have installed this set on both our S and Y.

Intersting, but I am not sure if the specs is actually correct on what summit has.

Bosch Automotive 3397014621 Bosch AeroTwin Wiper Blades | Summit Racing 28/18? When I physically measure the stock blades on my Model Y, the numbers do not match up with their size.

Can you clarify?

Last edited:
Intersting, but I am not sure if the specs is actually correct on what summit has.

Bosch Automotive 3397014621 Bosch AeroTwin Wiper Blades | Summit Racing 28/18? When I physically measure the stock blades on my Model Y, the numbers do not match up with their size.

Can you clarify?
The summit numbers are wrong. Here is a link to the Bosch site where they show a 26" and a 20". The correct 16mm top lock adapter is already on the blades by the way. No other adapters are included as they are not required.

Oddly enough, even the Bosch site has errors as I know for a fact that the Model S wipers (I own one and have installed them) are identical to the Y however they do not show compatibility with the 2022 Model S yet they are OK for the 2023 which is the same car.

Here's another one for you. Go to the Tesla site and look for wiper blades for the S and Y. Like I said, they are the same however the Model S blades are more expensive. Must be because the car costs more?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sango2
Here is a set of instructions that I made up to make your own refills,

You can use these refills to start: (less than $4.00 for a pair of refills)

Last edited:
Reactions: fsb1
Here is a set of instructions that I made up to make your own refills,

You can use these refills to start: (less than $4.00 for a pair of refills)

Since you did this a while ago, are you still happy with those refills?