Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kW rate??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

......A LOT............................ At least, Higher then I thought a 60 Could go. Even at 43 miles charge, which was what we were at on the Highland Park SC when we plugged in Friday, I was going FASTER at Mauston then we did at Highland. One thing, is DAMN, those cooling fans, and AC compressor were loud! I was packin dem Killer-Watts in dare...

And here is tonight's Feature Presentation!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow 105 kw!!! that's impressive

Yep. And given the 26 degree outside temp, I COULD feel the breeze coming from the Supercharger Cabinet. It was warm, as well as both front wheel wells where the radiators dissipate their aire was. The outside casing of the back became slightly warm (underside of the car). I suppose, they really didnt need to plow the snow. A Supercharging car would have melted it in no time ;)

Was at Mannys for happy hour tonight and there was a couple of guys working on the install of the Onalaska SC so I stopped by and asked when it would be ready. The guy said they are done and just waiting on power now. From the looks of it they were just putting in the final connectors and cables on the chargers. He also said that they wanted it live before Dec 31. So it looks like it should be live in just a day or two hopefully. :smile:

Was at Mannys for happy hour tonight and there was a couple of guys working on the install of the Onalaska SC so I stopped by and asked when it would be ready. The guy said they are done and just waiting on power now. From the looks of it they were just putting in the final connectors and cables on the chargers. He also said that they wanted it live before Dec 31. So it looks like it should be live in just a day or two hopefully. :smile:

I've heard the final testing on that one is on the 2nd and Eau Claire the 6th.

Last edited:
I guess we know where I will "just happen" to be over the next few days :D

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Eau Claire wasnt that far, Do you have a location for the supercharger in Eau Claire?

They WERE aiming to have all 5 WI SC's LIVE by the December 31st. Snow, Cold and the large amount of work slowed that down just a tad. I will call my contact and see if they need a tester, and if their is more info. I know everyone is REALL waiting on Madison.

They WERE aiming to have all 5 WI SC's LIVE by the December 31st. Snow, Cold and the large amount of work slowed that down just a tad. I will call my contact and see if they need a tester, and if their is more info. I know everyone is REALL waiting on Madison.
That would have been a great new years party :smile:, but It looks like they will all be done within the first two weeks of January!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Everything is complete for Onalaska except hitting the power switch. Connected tonight and got the 'Please check Charger power' message. I also noticed today that they actually prebuilt for another 2 charging stalls on the power cement slabs. So looks like if needed they can make it an 8 bay with minimum effort.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 286
All right! this is really getting awesome! They are building all of them with potential for expansion. Cheaper to run some conduit before the concrete is poured. Then, when demand requires, they could add another 2 kiosks in less then a week.
I was just thinking about this and since they staggered the charging stations so they wouldn't be next to each other (EX 1a and 1b are separated) do you think they would rewire the old ones to keep it staggered or just put the new ones next to each other?

Stopped at East Towne in Madison yesterday afternoon and the guys were working madly to "finish up today" (which I thought was a good idea since one of those lovely "Arctic air masses" is headed our way). The nice tents they had set up over their work area collapsed under the snow. It still looked to me like a fair amount of work needed to get done - like concrete pouring or something - but they said they would stay until midnight every night until it was done. Will try to stop by again tomorrow after work and see how things look.
Looks like 3 charging stations (one not in photo, behind a big pile of dirt still)
MadisonDec28.JPG