Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the trip!

As for rockford, I did about 93kW on my car at rockford. Outsde temps were high 30's if I remember correctly. I will try again my next drive to the Dells next weekend. I will go straight their if I have the range to do so, and hopefully, get as close to empty as possible when I arrive. If I still have a issue, I will call Tesla.

Congrats on the trip!

As for rockford, I did about 93kW on my car at rockford. Outsde temps were high 30's if I remember correctly. I will try again my next drive to the Dells next weekend. I will go straight their if I have the range to do so, and hopefully, get as close to empty as possible when I arrive. If I still have a issue, I will call Tesla.

Thanks! You are the best!

Congrats on the trip!

I wonder if I need to update FW in order to see higher kW supercharging. Still, I was only there for an hour and 15 mins. Actually, by time I had my burger, bio brake, and a quick post on TMC, the charge was almost done. I never let it fully charge, I pulled the plug at 204miles of rated range. According to the battery gauge, there was still room for more. Overall, the trip was a success in my eyes. I wanted to see if it is possible to go to Rhinelander from Mauston and I think it is doable.

Edit: Another thing to mention is tire air pressure. I generally keep an eye on my tires and had checked and re-filled not too long ago. However now that it has been getting colder still, my tires were only at 40 psi when I checked them before I left. So I pumped them up to 45psi and it seems to have helped range.

Last edited:
I plan on swinging past Onalaska today and will post an update later today. Does anyone know if the MN locations are a separate crew for installs? Just wondering on Albert Lea or other MN sites.

Since Worthington is already up, I am guessing that they are different crews.
However, I don't know that for a fact and have not had the good fortune to meet either crew.

Not much to report on Onalaska. Few less work trailers at the site is about the only noticeable difference. Few pics below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    928.8 KB · Views: 281
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 279
Running FW 4.5

charging at Rockford right now. Seeing 68kw peak, same as Mauston.

Ah, 4.5 for you. Pre 5.6, the LIMIT for a 60kW pack was 70kW. So that MAY be YOUR problem. I'm on 5.8 now, and was on 5.6 in Rockford (my first tie Supercharging), and I did get to about 92 or 93kW in Rockford, evenif it was only a few minutes. As to why we cant get anything decent in Mauston? I don't know. I will probably be in the Dells for a day next weekend, and Will definitely try Supercharging and will call. As for 5.8, current 5.8 (new version was pushed to me yesterday) is much improved. Sleep"appears" to finally work.

Depot run = Onalaska update. Boxes delivered. Transformers installed on slab. Some concrete poured. Looking closer. Maybe if the weather helps out they can be done in a matter of a few more weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.6 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 223
I might have to take a extra drive this weekend ;)

And on another good note, Tesla has delivered 2!!!! HPWC's to us at the Sandrift! Now, for some snow to melt and start getting them installed!!! Ones hopefully going in by the office, that one will still be on a 50 amp circuit. The one on the Garage where the 14-50 is currently, will be on a 80 amp circuit.

I might have to take a extra drive this weekend ;)

And on another good note, Tesla has delivered 2!!!! HPWC's to us at the Sandrift! Now, for some snow to melt and start getting them installed!!! Ones hopefully going in by the office, that one will still be on a 50 amp circuit. The one on the Garage where the 14-50 is currently, will be on a 80 amp circuit.

Great news! What exactly is the Sandrift?