Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great surprise today seeing the planned SC expansion. Was great to see Oshkosh and Milwaukee in there along with Rochester, MN and one directly in Minneapolis. Road trips just got significantly easier! Any info on these four new locations, please share any information!

From their list it appears there will be a new SC in Madison, not just an increase in the number of stalls at the present Madison East Towne Mall SC although hopefully that is coming soon.

Their blog post yesterday stated that they also wanted to make it "convenient, abundant and reliable" to charge for Tesla owners including those who "don't have access to reliable home charging." It is interesting to think about a future with SC's and other charging stations as prevalent as Gas stations are today.

A Trego supercharger would be nice, ...

Wouldn't Spooner be a better choice? That would facilitate north/south travel on 53 and east/west travel on 70. Plus it's closer to the midway point between Eau Claire and Duluth.

I suppose Cameron should also be considered (instead of Spooner) since it facilitates travel along 8 which is a much more heavily travelled road.

Wouldn't Spooner be a better choice? That would facilitate north/south travel on 53 and east/west travel on 70. Plus it's closer to the midway point between Eau Claire and Duluth.

I suppose Cameron should also be considered (instead of Spooner) since it facilitates travel along 8 which is a much more heavily travelled road.

Spooner would really help me. Hayward would be even better. I've tried to get a few hotels in the area to look at the destination charger program with poor results.

Took a road trip from Chicago to Minnesota, I took some drone pics of some of my Wisconsin stops.

Mauston:
B9DR48yl.jpg

hPM0b4Il.jpg

Eau Claire:
4lx7AmQl.jpg

IXtPwngl.jpg

Only the temporary one is live. The second permanent one we will call under construction. The permanent location is close to be ready for commissioning as PwOutages video indicates. When I was there a week ago the parking lot was not near being ready. In fact it was full construction equipment and materials for the Hilton Garden Inn. The Supercharger may ready before it can be accessed. I would doubt there will be issues like Green Bay had.

I started a separate thread for the new Wausau location. Like I said over there, I talked to the Tesla tech who finalized that supercharger (randomly ran into him while he was servicing the Eau Claire supercharger). He said the supercharger was completely done but he cut the power to it just so Tesla owners wouldn't be tempted to try to charge. As stated above, the parking lot isn't even paved yet, so they are just waiting on that and possibly waiting on the hotel opening to turn the power on to the supercharger.