Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you buy 19 inch turbine wheels?

Would you buy 19 inch turbine wheels?

• Want 19 inch turbine wheels

Votes: 136 67.7%
  • Want the exisitng 19 inch wheels

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • Want the 21 inch turbine wheels

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • Still waiting to see the 19 inch aero wheels

Votes: 23 11.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
621-1.jpg

I think these resemble more Tesla's rims

Model S bolt pattern is 5 x 120 with a 40mm offset.

I'm looking to trade my 19" all-weather tires/rims for dark gray 21". Anybody out there looking for all-weather trade?

How about using Losinger 20 " with fitted tires ?

Anyone can confirm if Model S has a 5x112 bolt pattern. When will we get such detailed specs ?

I have an occasion to buy these for cheap ...

My understanding is that the Lorinser wheels are specfic to Mercedes and will not fit the Telsa. I am investigating whether Rial Lugano wheels will fit.

I have also been working with Elie an Al & Ed's West Hollywood to come up with a 19" turbine wheel option. If you are not familiar with Al & Ed's, they were the first to fit 22" wheels to the Model S. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10596-Model-S-With-22-quot-Wheels-amp-Tires-*-World-s-First* I have heard nothing but good things about their work. In any event, here is the 19" wheel Elie is proposing:

SilverWheel.jpg

I believe the cost woud be about $3000 with Goodyear tires mounted. Elie would also offer a trade in credit for 21" wheels/tires. I would likely get these as a second set for winter use.

What do you think?

Those look fantastic! I'd be highly interested in them when the time comes around.

I have heard nothing but good things about their work. In any event, here is the 19" wheel Elie is proposing:

View attachment 11055

I believe the cost woud be about $3000 with Goodyear tires mounted. Elie would also offer a trade in credit for 21" wheels/tires. I would likely get these as a second set for winter use.

What do you think?

Yes, absolutely. I'll need a set for winter, in Grey to match the 21" performance summer wheels or satin Black. Please no chrome or polished lips, etc.

My understanding is that the Lorinser wheels are specfic to Mercedes and will not fit the Telsa. I am investigating whether Rial Lugano wheels will fit.

I have also been working with Elie an Al & Ed's West Hollywood to come up with a 19" turbine wheel option. If you are not familiar with Al & Ed's, they were the first to fit 22" wheels to the Model S. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10596-Model-S-With-22-quot-Wheels-amp-Tires-*-World-s-First* I have heard nothing but good things about their work. In any event, here is the 19" wheel Elie is proposing:

View attachment 11055

What do you think?

These are Alzor model 621 rims and are available in 19"
Specs on the Azor web site are:
Rim Size 19" X 8"
Bolt pattern 5 X 112mm
Offset 45mm
Centre Bore 66.6\57.1

Do we know Model S specs yet?

These will not fit. Wrong bolt pattern. The Tesla is 5 X 120 with a 66mm center bore. The center bore appears to be a bit large, so it may require a centering ring. Problem with all of the turbine-like 19" wheels people have found so far is that the bolt pattern and/or center bore is/are wrong for the Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

Those look fantastic! I'd be highly interested in them when the time comes around.

In the photo these look black and silver. Or maybe that's just the photo or drawing. I'd be interested but only if they were all silver.

artsci, is Tirerack.com reporting the center bore as 66mm or 64mm? I thought I read in another post that it was 64mm.

From what I have read elsewhere, almost all aftermarket wheels are constructed with a larger center bore so that they can fit a wider variety of vehicles. In fact, of the 32 19" wheels listed on Tirerack.com for the Model S, every one of them is advertised as shipping with centering rings for proper fitment. Outside of Tesla's OEM wheels, my guess is that we are not going to find any with the precise center bore measurement we need.