Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yay! 2024.3.6 downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they fix it to allow single scroll wheel click for TACC and double click for FSD (like it has been for years).

2023.44.30.25 broke this functionality. I saw 2024.3.10 was available to me on Saturday, but I haven't updated yet. I usually wait a week or so to see if it breaks more than it fixes before I update.

I hope they fix it to allow single scroll wheel click for TACC and double click for FSD (like it has been for years).

2023.44.30.25 broke this functionality. I saw 2024.3.10 was available to me on Saturday, but I haven't updated yet. I usually wait a week or so to see if it breaks more than it fixes before I update.
I see why they disabled it. FSD with double-pull is perfect for freeways, but dangerous on city streets. The problem lies with disengagements, as I've seen in several hair-raising incidents. What I had with double-pull on city streets was that when FSD disengaged, it DROPPED INTO TACC, which means it immediately tried to go the set speed. This is really not fun when it happens as you pull up to a stop sign and the car tries to lunge forward. On the other hand, it's nice on the freeway when you generally don't want it to slow down after most disengagements.

There is a workaround. Set up two profiles for yourself. One with FSD and one without. Not quite sure what you get on a double-pull without FSD - EAP?\\

There is a workaround. Set up two profiles for yourself. One with FSD and one without. Not quite sure what you get on a double-pull without FSD - EAP?\\
At least on a car that hasn't subscribed to EAP and has 2024.3.10, the choices are
  • TACC
  • Autopilot: can choose single-pull or double-pull for Autopilot; in the latter case can use TACC
  • SFSD: always single-pull, TACC is not available

• Informative
Reactions: SidetrackedSue
I see why they disabled it. FSD with double-pull is perfect for freeways, but dangerous on city streets. The problem lies with disengagements, as I've seen in several hair-raising incidents. What I had with double-pull on city streets was that when FSD disengaged, it DROPPED INTO TACC, which means it immediately tried to go the set speed. This is really not fun when it happens as you pull up to a stop sign and the car tries to lunge forward. On the other hand, it's nice on the freeway when you generally don't want it to slow down after most disengagements.

How are you disengaging FSD? I tap the brake pedal and for me that disengages completely. I think if you tug the wheel it may disengage autosteer while maintaining TACC, is this what you’re doing?

How are you disengaging FSD? I tap the brake pedal and for me that disengages completely. I think if you tug the wheel it may disengage autosteer while maintaining TACC, is this what you’re doing?
That's the thing - sometimes I don't want to tap the brakes. What I've mostly done is toggle the right stalk, but in the past that dropped me to TACC and I had to toggle it again - and other times I wasn't sure if FSD/TACC was disabled so I toggled again and got the gear-change-at-speed warning.

I guess I want a very obvious indication that FSD is on, or TACC is on (even though currently is has to be disabled for FSD). Something a lot more than a tiny blue steering wheel, which to me looks no different in TACC or FSD. I just want a simple "FSD ON" note in the screen so I absolutely know at a glance.