Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yay! 2024.3.6 downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just finished installing. might give FSD another try. the two weeks I've owned this MYLR I've tried it three times and had to cancel it, did not like it at all. Phantom braking, hesitating when crossing intersections, and waiting too long to start slowing down when approaching a red light resulting in hard braking.

Still no adaptive headlight update...

Just downloaded to my 2023 LRY and did a brief test. Autopark works, speed bump slow down works, lane choice is smooth, speed auto set remains way too fast for my comfort.
I'm on "Chill" and the speed auto set wasn't dangerous for conditions which were traffic free, it was just accelerating rapidly to 50mph in a 35mph zone at 5pm with lots of business driveways to the side. (Should have noted above that phantom breaking seems to be a thing of the past).

Took my girl out to dinner today - and it basically passed. I don't mind the slow creep at stops because I can override with a touch of the accelerator pedal. I suspect that sort of thing will speed up in future revisions.

In a way, this (12.3.2.1) seems like it's finally a 1.0 product ready for release.

• Informative
Reactions: Skavatar and Kohan
Longtime (well, since late 2018) autopilot user and fan here, but have never had FSD. Updated last night and took a few FSD drives around my suburban location this morning. I must say I’m pretty impressed. Impressed enough to drop a used corvette’s worth of Benjamin’s on it? No, at least not yet. But impressed.

Basic operation is smooth and easy. Handled stop signs and traffic lights like a competent driver. Handled a roundabout well enough to be acceptable. Approached a park where there was some event happening, lots of pedestrians and slow traffic into a stop sign. Some jerk who thought he owned the place double parked in my lane of traffic forcing everyone to go around him into the oncoming lane (again with pedestrians crossing and walking up the side of the road), and it handled that with ease. Pulled into a Kroger parking lot and slowed down at speed bumps.

A few minor complaints. Had to disengage approaching an elevated RR crossing b/c it didn’t seem like the car was slowing down enough and I didn’t want a Dukes of Hazzard style airborn performance in my Model Y. Maybe it would have slowed down last second but I wasn’t taking the chance. FSD also seems to slow down too early at traffic lights, or at least earlier than I would. And it proceeds cautiously when turning thru an intersection.

Finally, one edge case scenario. This lady was hanging a sign on a utility pole while I was passing her at 25 mph (city speed limit). She was on the other side of the road from me so we had a full lane in between. As we approached, she took two steps back to view her sign, probably to decide if it was straight. It was very clear to ME she was just stepping back to check the sign and was not going to walk back another 15 feet into our lane, but this is not something a computer can understand. FSD saw a pedestrian take two steps into the road and, assuming she planned to cross in front of us, braked quickly and slowed to nearly a complete stop. I nudged the accelerator and the car then proceeded on past her.

So in summary, except for the elevated RR crossing incident, my complaints are all based around FSD being overly cautious and conservative. Which honestly is the way it should behave, especially this early in the game. Once again, overall I am quite impressed and look forward to testing the system more over the next 30 days.

Happy Easter everyone!

tested the FSD12 this morning at 5:25am on my way to work on a long and straight stretch of highway with 50mph speed limit. stopping at, and going through the intersections was better than the previous version. it actually accelerated really quickly, BUT it would only go up to 49mph. on the setting I had it on +10% above the speed limit. I even used the scroll wheel to increase the speed to 59mph, still went 49mph. I usually drive 60mph sometimes 70mph. I was in the left lane when i engaged FSD12, but it changed over to the right lane. this was at 5:25am Saturday morning, no other cars around. after about 2 miles I canceled it.

tested the FSD12 this morning at 5:25am on my way to work on a long and straight stretch of highway with 50mph speed limit. stopping at, and going through the intersections was better than the previous version. it actually accelerated really quickly, BUT it would only go up to 49mph. on the setting I had it on +10% above the speed limit. I even used the scroll wheel to increase the speed to 59mph, still went 49mph. I usually drive 60mph sometimes 70mph. I was in the left lane when i engaged FSD12, but it changed over to the right lane. this was at 5:25am Saturday morning, no other cars around. after about 2 miles I canceled it.
Scroll wheel does nothing in 12. You have to confirm you want to exceed speed limit with a tap of the accelerator and in most cases it will maintain your speeding request until it comes up on a car and slows to maintain distance.

Reactions: Skavatar