Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow Border

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Temp fix is NOT acceptable. This is the note I got today below.

And NOT available where I live so now I need to transport the vehicle to another state. And this is how BMW and Audi will enter the EV space.

Hi,
This is Josh with the Tesla service team. I am reviewing your upcoming appointment. I wanted to reach out about the yellowing on the touchscreen. Tesla has found that replacing the screen does no fix the problem. The yellow condition is not a defect and is not covered under warranty. However, Tesla has developed a procedure which uses ultraviolet light to remove the yellowing condition for a period of time and we will apply it as a one-time goodwill gesture. Please note that this is NOT a treatment that removes the yellowing condition permanently. unfortunately the process is not available in the Dallas area at this time.

Thanks,

Reactions: PhilDavid

And NOT available where I live so now I need to transport the vehicle to another state. And this is how BMW and Audi will enter the EV space.

Hi,
This is Josh with the Tesla service team. I am reviewing your upcoming appointment. I wanted to reach out about the yellowing on the touchscreen. Tesla has found that replacing the screen does no fix the problem. The yellow condition is not a defect and is not covered under warranty. However, Tesla has developed a procedure which uses ultraviolet light to remove the yellowing condition for a period of time and we will apply it as a one-time goodwill gesture. Please note that this is NOT a treatment that removes the yellowing condition permanently. unfortunately the process is not available in the Dallas area at this time.

Thanks,

Tesla's handling of this issue is not acceptable by any means. The yellow screen is a defect that impacts a large number of Model S and X cars. Tesla, unfortunately, has been trying to weasel out of their obligations to their customers on this.

Several people have gone through arbitration to get Tesla to 'fix' this issue (see Yellow screen? Force Tesla to Replace it!). If you go through the process Tesla will make one of the UV treatment units available at your local service center within 30 days (they only have three of these units and ship them around as needed). The UV treatment doesn't work 100% of the time and in that case Tesla has just replaced the screens of those who went through arbitration and the UV treatment didn't work.

Reactions: croman

Hi,

Thanks,

Smh. THIS reply from Tesla is the “why” go to arbitration. It is inconsistent with their promises made during arbitration, i.e., that they will fix it. That if UV doesn’t work (2 people reported that it didn’t), they will replace. And that they will offer UV more than once if it is required. And will do it within a set timeframe.

Again, they are their own worst enemy on communication. Tone deaf, unless the volume is very high. Incapable of producing a pleasing melody, unless you are a robot (taxi)...wrt communication.

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
Anyhow im really thinking a class action law suit will most definitely happen, especially in the state of California.
Us Californians are entitled SOB's so this is most definitely an entitlement issue from both Tesla Vs Owner.
It appears that a class action suit for this was dismissed:

In his decision, Judge James C. Dever III of the US District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina noted
“The allegations are bare assertions that do not plausibly allege that the yellow band made the car unsafe, unreliable, or inoperable.”