Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow screen? Force Tesla to Replace it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just happened to my late 2018 MX. and I mean JUST appeared. Screen was fine yesterday, and today (coincidentally right after upgrading to v10), there’s a very pronounced yellow border around the MCU.

Put in a service request along with a picture, but I guess I should expect a call any time claiming it’s not a warranty issue?

Reactions: MelaniainLA
i think i have this issue now...i took pics yesterday. what should be my next move?

Make an appointment with your service center. A few days before the appointment they will likely tell you that they don’t have a fix ready. Then file an arbitration request with NCDS. Tesla’s lawyer will then offer you a UV fix. Tell him it needs to be scheduled immediately, or the arbitration will go on as planned. A few weeks later you’ll have an arbitration hearing/call. You may or may not win. Either way, Tesla has been offering fixes to those that enter arbitration requests.

Make an appointment with your service center. A few days before the appointment they will likely tell you that they don’t have a fix ready. Then file an arbitration request with NCDS. Tesla’s lawyer will then offer you a UV fix. Tell him it needs to be scheduled immediately, or the arbitration will go on as planned. A few weeks later you’ll have an arbitration hearing/call. You may or may not win. Either way, Tesla has been offering fixes to those that enter arbitration requests.

That’s pretty much spot on.

I didn’t realize MCU2 screens had the same issue. I’m sure Tesla can’t wait to redesign the interiors. If for nothing else, to not have to deal with these 17” screens anymore.

If you make the assumption that screens produced after 2015 up to and including 2019 have the yellowing issue (prior to 2014 was the bubbling/oozing screen), Tesla will be dealing with these screens for a long time to come whether they want to or not.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Yeah, it's so, so disappointing to be ignored by Tesla. I feel ignored for a number of service issues that I have documented and they still won't fix because they can't be bothered to explore for the cause when it doesn't manifest in front of their eyes. I reported my brown screen the other day and they wrote it up as,

Concern: Customer:"The touchscreen has an brown border"
Tesla has determined this is a cosmetic anomaly, which has no impact on performance, function, or reliability of the
touchscreen. Tesla has developed a procedure to mitigate this issue and once this process is made available, this will be
addressed.
Correction: NO LABOR PERFORMED

As expected.

This is the Richmond service center.

No they won't, we all helped fund Elon's new toys (3, Y, truck, etc, etc) they ain't got time to keep old customers happy, they've moved on to the next shiny toy.

This makes Tesla's competition very, very happy.

I have said before that Tesla's big advantage is their technology. Everyone else's advantage is that they've been making and selling cars for many, many years and know both cars and their customers and how to treat them. Especially given that these are very expensive cars, Tesla needs to get their act together and start treating the customers like buyers of expensive luxury cars instead of buyers of old VW Beatles.

wow thats alot of work to get it fixed!!!! whats NCDS?how do i contact them?

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Wondering why all the Tesla YouTube stars are not talking about this issue... I tried to post it in the comment section of their Tesla videos but it never showed up. What's the best way to get the attention of mainstream media on this?

I have a late 2018 Model S 100 D, yellow border since April this year, finally had UV treatment at Devon,PA service center. Totally worked . Screen looks brand new!

Had two appointments cancelled in the last 4 months until the tool was available. Thanks to all the members in this forum for providing constant updates. Appreciate your help!

Reactions: Skipdd and VT_EE
Will be glad to share my invoice if anyone has a doubt. I am not trying to mislead anyone. Thought it would help someone in PA waiting for a fix!
Bought my car as new inventory in March. Was extremely disappointed that I had the yellow border show up after just 2 months after I bought the car. Tried numerous times to get the screen replaced, but was unsuccessful . Finally had the fix today. Scheduled the appointment 2 weeks ago and finally got the fix!

Reactions: VT_EE