Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow screen? Force Tesla to Replace it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the yellow tint just started happening to my 2019 March build Model X with HW3. I know there wasn't anything specific to HW3 models but it's supremely disappointed this still happens to a fairly new car.
It'll either get fixed with the UV or you'll get a new screen. Book an appointment with the SC and hope they have a functional UV machine.

Wondering why all the Tesla YouTube stars are not talking about this issue... I tried to post it in the comment section of their Tesla videos but it never showed up. What's the best way to get the attention of mainstream media on this?

They tend to talk about their own cars/issues. Bjorn talked about it before. And talked plenty when his P90D X suffered from reduced Supercharging speed. His battery failed and he got a non-restricted replacement but after much more usage I think it got restricted as well.

But now he only drives his Model 3. (He sold his S and the X is currently for sale.)

Developing yellow border on the small screen as well...:(

Attachments

• IMG_3158.jpg
    IMG_3158.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
This makes Tesla's competition very, very happy.

I have said before that Tesla's big advantage is their technology. Everyone else's advantage is that they've been making and selling cars for many, many years and know both cars and their customers and how to treat them. Especially given that these are very expensive cars, Tesla needs to get their act together and start treating the customers like buyers of expensive luxury cars instead of buyers of old VW Beatles.
teslas advantage is the SC network really. The can is cool n all but its that network that makes it unique. Now if porsche had that network or one even better it would kill tesla.

Will be glad to share my invoice if anyone has a doubt. I am not trying to mislead anyone. Thought it would help someone in PA waiting for a fix!
Bought my car as new inventory in March. Was extremely disappointed that I had the yellow border show up after just 2 months after I bought the car. Tried numerous times to get the screen replaced, but was unsuccessful . Finally had the fix today. Scheduled the appointment 2 weeks ago and finally got the fix!
please share with me pm me.

It'll either get fixed with the UV or you'll get a new screen. Book an appointment with the SC and hope they have a functional UV machine.

Who says they will give you a new screen? My understanding is they still do not consider the yellow/brown border to be a warranty issue and so will not replace units unless ordered to do so by arbitration.

My local service center does not have the UV machine and didn't offer to help me find one that does.

teslas advantage is the SC network really. The can is cool n all but its that network that makes it unique. Now if porsche had that network or one even better it would kill tesla.

Once GM gets real about EVs they will kill them both. They also have a major autonomous driving effort going on.

It's just early days. Remember that the first to market of so many devices often do not turn out to be the winners. In five years you won't be able to keep track of all the EVs available. In 10 years you will wonder why anyone ever doubted that EVs would be popular.

Yes, if you are buying an EV today the Supercharging network makes Tesla the only real choice. But going forward that will diminish and in three to five years, about the time every car company is selling EVs, the fast charging network will no longer be dominated by Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
in three to five years, about the time every car company is selling EVs, the fast charging network will no longer be dominated by Tesla.

Really? More like 5 to 10 years, and maybe there will be enough of them (remember, they are deployed as single or at most dual stalls) to make cross-country driving possible with a non-Tesla. And I'm not even addressing the usurious prices per kWh these newcomers charge.

Don't bet on it.

Really? More like 5 to 10 years, and maybe there will be enough of them (remember, they are deployed as single or at most dual stalls) to make cross-country driving possible with a non-Tesla. And I'm not even addressing the usurious prices per kWh these newcomers charge.

Don't bet on it.

When you talk about singles or duals, I believe you are talking about the old, 50 kW fast chargers. No one is using those for trips unless they are desperate. Check Plugshare. I did and found at least 4 chargers at each of the 11 stations between Jacksonville, FL and Houston, TX. Each one had 350 kW chargers. Same is true for the 13 on to San Diego except for San Diego which only has 3-150 kW chargers.

Don't worry about the price. That is transitory. If Tesla goes under and someone ends up with the only chargers that Tesla owners can productively use, what do you think will happen to prices?

As much as I'm not happy waiting for our defective screen to be fixed (been 8 months now!), it is encouraging that those who are having the UV treatment done are seeing good results.

Hopefully the UV devices will be more widely available before long.

I'm thinking of getting mine replaced. It's just a matter of spending the time and dealing with the details.

Then there is the nuclear option...

Who says they will give you a new screen? My understanding is they still do not consider the yellow/brown border to be a warranty issue and so will not replace units unless ordered to do so by arbitration.

My local service center does not have the UV machine and didn't offer to help me find one that does.
There are numerous posts in this thread where failed UV treatment resulted in a new screen.

There are numerous posts in this thread where failed UV treatment resulted in a new screen.

If the UV treatment fails to fix this, they should absolutely replace the screen, or find some other reasonable solution.

No one buys the nonsense that the yellow screen defect is some "cosmetic" issue caused by "normal wear" that customers should live with. It should be fixed under warranty.

I'm glad to hear the UV fix is working for just about everyone to clear their displays. Tesla should fix this in a manner that costs them the least but they need to fix it.