Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke horn button move?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know which yoke you received, and it likely has the capability. This feature has not been implemented yet to my knowledge.

"All cars made since November also have push center for horn – just waiting on firmware update," Elon Musk confirmed on Twitter about the horn placement issue. This was after a Twitter user asked if it was possible to "remap the horn on the steering yoke." In other words, if you drive a Tesla car with a steering yoke, you can use a regular horn after a software update. In addition, the update will allow you to activate the horn if you press your palm against the right side of the steering yoke.

Read More: Tesla Is Finally Adding This Common Feature To Its Steering Wheels - SlashGear

Tesla is still working on SiriusXM, which has been in the cars a fairly long time (since the Model S came out I think). I must manually select stations, when the entire SiriusXM interface hasn't disappeared altogether. Tesla isn't a very good software company.

Tesla is still working on SiriusXM, which has been in the cars a fairly long time (since the Model S came out I think). I must manually select stations, when the entire SiriusXM interface hasn't disappeared altogether. Tesla isn't a very good software company.

You would think the software is the easier part. I'm still waiting for a way to answer an incoming phone call without using the center touchscreen.

Still waiting on this? TOok delivery Dec 31 2021. Hoping to God I have this feature because I nearly got in an accident recently due to the horn placement. On a right turn, the guy in the lane to my right decided to turn into my lane instead of his own. I tried to beep, but i was turning the yoke so it was difficult to find the horn button quickly enough. Mashing over the buttons is not good enough when the york is torqued 45+ degrees.

Reactions: jbrowdy
My understanding is that Tesla is adding the horn button on the wheel hub, not removing the horn button on top of the bowtie hub. I don't think they would need recertification to put an added button for the horn anywhere they wanted.
This is my conjecture with certification background from other industry... unless certified, the new actuator, even if is an addition or secondary, cannot be used unless certified. Sounds silly, but process is process.

I REALLY hope this is what the delay is about, and not some technical issue with the yoke hardware that I have. Ironically, the presumed regulation delays are actually causing safety issues for me in the meantime.
Elon promised this over a year ago. Theoretically it might come soon, but I’ve seen no proof of any different hardware. Anyone got a video of this so-called “movement” when you press the center airbag cover? My June, 2022 Model S has no obvious movement, and that was built over half a year on from when Elon said these care were equipped with the capability.

Suspicious, I am…

Elon promised this over a year ago. Theoretically it might come soon, but I’ve seen no proof of any different hardware. Anyone got a video of this so-called “movement” when you press the center airbag cover? My June, 2022 Model S has no obvious movement, and that was built over half a year on from when Elon said these care were equipped with the capability.

Suspicious, I am…
If a strain gauge type sensor/switch is use, then there would be no physical movement necessary.

HAHAHHA Elon lied again, people. There’s no horn actuator of any kind in the center. Haven’t you noticed he lies constantly?

His asinine new controls have destroyed the driving experience of what was, until recently, the best car in the world, but don’t expect improvements, Elon “All input is error” Musk knows better.

You shouldn’t even be driving, let alone need to honk your own horn—FSD is a “solved problem.” LOL

Reactions: Laddcruzer
HAHAHHA Elon lied again, people. There’s no horn actuator of any kind in the center. Haven’t you noticed he lies constantly?

His asinine new controls have destroyed the driving experience of what was, until recently, the best car in the world, but don’t expect improvements, Elon “All input is error” Musk knows better.

You shouldn’t even be driving, let alone need to honk your own horn—FSD is a “solved problem.” LOL
I just sold my MXP because I hated the yoke/horn so much I couldn’t take it anymore. I tried to be patient, hoping Elon would follow through on his comments pertaining to moving the horn to the center. But, I’ve been badly burned before by merely taking him at his word in the past, so I bailed on the car.

I’ve been driving Teslas since day one, almost ten years. This was a painful decision.