Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke peeling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It feels softer, but maybe because it is new. Wormy is still there.

I love the camera button for maneuvering when not in reverse. I wonder if this was also added for the future front bumper camera.
I’m almost positive that’s why they added the front camera button here and to the highland. Question is whether the lack of a front camera is a cancellation vs delay

Reactions: VikH
Look what I just got! Woohoo!

Attachments

• IMG_6259.jpeg
    IMG_6259.jpeg
    829.7 KB · Views: 21
Question for those of you with the new yoke. There was only one cool thing about the mis-placement of the horn button on the old yoke: if you placed your entire palm over all the buttons on the right, the horn let out a rapid-fire staccato horn sound. Scared the c**p out of other drivers who were about to screw up bad. That, I admit, has been pretty awesome. I wonder if the new yokes do the same?

Question for those of you with the new yoke. There was only one cool thing about the mis-placement of the horn button on the old yoke: if you placed your entire palm over all the buttons on the right, the horn let out a rapid-fire staccato horn sound. Scared the c**p out of other drivers who were about to screw up bad. That, I admit, has been pretty awesome. I wonder if the new yokes do the same?
I can test it but I’d say it’s unlikely that still works.

I cannot speak for others, but the material feels slightly different to my 2022 yoke. Also, the haptic feedback is lessened slightly, and the amount of pressure required to activate the turn signals (buttons you use most often) is noticeably increased. I really have to push them to activate. Now, I know some people were pushing these by mistake on prior yokes, so maybe Tesla made this change on purpose, or maybe my yoke is an anomaly. I’ll see as more people get them.

Better different or worse different?
Better different. Less rough to the touch. Remains to be seen if it solves the peeling issue, but it’s definitely a smoother surface. My yoke had almost…a tacky/sticky feel to it, despite cleaning it with soapy water multiple times. This one doesn’t. I don’t, however, really understand the stitching design change or what makes that better/improved over the older yokes.

Made an appointment yesterday for today, and the new yoke is in. The material seems a bit more durable. Just as comfortable The haptics seem the same, though the turn signals do seem a bit more responsive and easier for me to use.

No staccato horn by palming the right side. I wonder if Enhauto’s buttons can do that?