Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Youtubers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi during lockdown I spent the evenings (Key worker so couldn't do it in the day lol) looking at more and more Tesla content, my original plan was for me to order a Mazda CX5 to replace my Mazda 6 after catching a few Tesla videos that popped up on my suggested list - think it might have been car wow's report on the M3 which peaked my interest and in due course changed my mind on which car to order, the M3 LR which is under a week to go until my car arrives..
I'm just wondering if anyone has favourite youtubers who do Tesla content, that they'd like to share, i'll include a few here but feel free to add your own.

1. JackMasseyWelsh - Young lad from the north with a fair few youtube channels, this is his Tesla channel they do silly things like will the tesla mistake my girlfriend for a wheely bin and will autopilot still work if all the cameras are covered, good wholesome fun definitely worth a watch

2. Fully Charged - Robert Llewellyn Bowen's (Red Dwarf's Kryten) EV based channel, not pure Tesla related but good for EV perspective

3. Electric Vehicle Man - EVM used to be a leaf driver, now owns a Model 3, good video content, does other EV car reviews

4. Frugal Tesla Guy - US Tesla youtuber, some good videos

Here are a few other good t=Tesla youtubers I watch

5. SpawnPoiint
6. Tesla Driver
7. Auto Trader (Occasionally)
8. Out of spec motoring - Watch the US road trip series, really good for looking at charging times/rates of charge etc and seeing the M3 in beautiful locations
9. . Bjorn Nyland

Reactions: Neilio
Jack Massey Welsh irritates the life out of me...

+1 for Spawn Point though. I also watch TeslaDriver who does lots of Autopilot videos on "normal" roads which is always interesting to watch
In relation to Jack Massey Welsh there is one video he has where he has an incident with a Model X owner at the Warrington (Park Royal Hotel). I would strongly recommend anyone to watch this presentation. In short Jack hits the Model X and the ultimate outcome is the Model X owner is an absolute legend about getting his vehicle repaired at minimum cost to help Jack out (being a young driver who may get 'shafted' for having a claim). It truly is a heartwarming story of the how sensible human beings can resolve minor bumps without fuss and without ridiculous cost.

Here's the link to the video:

+1 for Spawn Point - he's top of my list for Tesla content.

Transport Evolved for more general EV stuff. Same for Fully Charged. JMW occasionally, but can be a bit silly.
I only watched one Spawn Point video. He drove to Bristol Supercharged to 100%! then completely bypassed Lifton on the way to lands end despite having no charging at his accomodation. then had to keep finding places in the resort charge. Made no sense to me at all.

The only one I watch is Bjorn.

Reactions: Chalks99
I only watched one Spawn Point video. He drove to Bristol Supercharged to 100%! then completely bypassed Lifton on the way to lands end despite having no charging at his accomodation. then had to keep finding places in the resort charge. Made no sense to me at all.

The only one I watch is Bjorn.
Yes that one baffled me too.

Having said that he has a gift for video presentation, well done Spawnpoint otherwise! I'm sure I have seen him posting stuff on here, possibly pictures of his stick on numberplates.

Yes that one baffled me too.

Having said that he has a gift for video presentation, well done Spawnpoint otherwise! I'm sure I have seen him posting stuff on here, possibly pictures of his stick on numberplates.
yeah the presentation was fine and obviously charging at lots of places made for a more interesting vid but in the context of a public information video ( which its not I realise) It's not the approach I would have recommended.

There are few that I'd rate if you want to learn something. The more credible ones are FullyCharged, Bjorn and Rich rebuilds but all of them can fall into the world of either political rather than objective views points or "must be first to push content out" and don't check facts sufficiently.

I have grown a pathalogical hatred for 5 min youtube videos and their posters that spam them onto forums where the content of the video could have been summed up under 10 words ie "man guesses M3 will get heat pump one day" or "watch me being an idiot on AP"

Watching for entertainment is of course fine, I just don't find many entertaining #gettingold

Another in the Jack Massey Welsh camp. Its a funny and almost different view of the car. Probably cos he's of the younger generation. Mind you I'm the one person in the world who also likes his geoguessr vids.

Out of spec motoring is an odd one. I can't stop watching them yet they are sometimes an hour long and essentially just him refuelling his car, with added dogs!