Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero Mile club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe we should have a "Most driven miles" during Covid-19 isolation award. I throw my hat into the ring, I'm doing 400-500km week (275-350miles) as I'm considered essential and need to be in the office :(

Just out of curiosity, what type of work requires you to be in an office? I'm technically essential too, electricity provider, but I'm an office guy, not running a plant, so I'm still working remote. It's super snarky here these days so just want to reiterate this is just honest conversation.

I just want to understand why people are walking their dogs & driving convertibles with masks on.
I don't wear one, but I do walk dogs. Not only do some people not do the social distancing thing in public areas at all, but I've had one jogger just plow right into me. Me, wife, two 60 lb dogs, all off to the edge of the sidewalk, and blam! He just seemed to be in a daze.I don't know if it was target fixation or what, but it seems some people just can't keep a distance.

On topic: zero miles in many weeks. I'll do a drive-through pharmacy run tomorrow just to make sure the car still runs. Last I checked, the MCU was dead. :(

I think I've put 1 1/2 miles on my car since March 17 (shelter in place). I have a potentially immuno-suppressed condition and have been told to stay home for the duration. I may go crazy first.

Luckily there is nothing that can hurt a Tesla if it is sitting in the garage for extended periods of time. Dust, maybe?

Took advantage of the light traffic and took a scenic drive to Malibu and the Santa Monica mountains a couple weeks ago but haven’t gone out since.

9683B559-FB7C-463A-83CF-C49BF58973D4.jpeg 7108B765-90A2-4488-BDC1-DE94DE118037.jpeg

I think I've put 1 1/2 miles on my car since March 17 (shelter in place). I have a potentially immuno-suppressed condition and have been told to stay home for the duration. I may go crazy first.

Luckily there is nothing that can hurt a Tesla if it is sitting in the garage for extended periods of time. Dust, maybe?

I understand that the air filter on my Model S goes wall to wall and fills the area behind the dash. One huge hepa filter. I have allergies, but I have no trouble in the S.

For me, a drive in the S is equivalent to staying at home, but with moving scenery. I drive it almost every day, usually 50 to 100 miles. Because I can. I am not degrading the environment or disregarding social distancing, as other drivers must maintain a good six feet of separation, maybe more. And the effect on my psyche is positive. It looks great, runs great, feels great. It does not sit in the garage for very long! And at 80 mph, a lot of that dust blows off.

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
Since the start of the stay-at-home orders, i have put 0 miles on my Tesla. almost everything gets delivered, my wife took her car to the grocery store just a couple times which is only a mile away. I work from home, so my commute is just down the stairs.

I miss driving!

Who else is in the Zero (or nearly zero) mile cornonavirus stay-at-home club?

My normal work commute is 40 miles each way, so 80 miles a day. Since my job issued "work from home" guidance in the beginning of April, I have put about 7 miles on my car, total. My wife normally goes to the store while I am working, and she takes her car for that.

So, maybe 15 - 20 miles in almost 4 weeks for her, and about 7 miles in 4 weeks for me.... with my own commute down from 80 miles a day to zero as said before.

I am just glad I can work from home and get fully paid, etc. There are a lot of people who can not do that due to where they work, etc, so I am grateful for that. I am also a "homebody" in general, and have most things I not only need, but want, at home. So, for me, I get to spend time in a place I really enjoy (home) more, while still working and getting paid.

Another week has gone by and I put less than one mile on it. Drove around the block just to keep the gears lubricated and tires from flat spotting.

I did get the 12.5 update and played around with the TeslaCam viewer for a while. I can’t believe how buggy it is. Not smooth and crashes often

I don't wear one, but I do walk dogs. Not only do some people not do the social distancing thing in public areas at all, but I've had one jogger just plow right into me. Me, wife, two 60 lb dogs, all off to the edge of the sidewalk, and blam! He just seemed to be in a daze.I don't know if it was target fixation or what, but it seems some people just can't keep a distance.

Practicing Pickpocket.

I alternate between my Model X and my wife's Volt and try to take each out at least once a week, needed or not but I mange to always find some reason. I did do one 250 mile round trip a couple weeks ago in the X to pickup some PPE and it felt great.

It's funny how much we take for granted, just driving, being with other people (even ones you might not like at work ;)).

Not sure how long everyone is willing to sit in this holding pattern. I think after 4 more weeks things will start to really break down.