Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zero:Net - The UK's open Charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Shropshire

hawkstone_pr_banner.jpg

Ploughcroft Announce Collaboration With Renewable Energy Charity, Zero Carbon World

"Since starting the charging station project in the summer or 2011, the company has given away over 170 charging stations, and with the help of Ploughcroft, they’re set to double their weekly output with the charity now being able to give away at least 20-40 units per week."

Ploughcroft Renewables is 25% owned by DRAGONS' DEN investors Deborah Meaden and Theo Paphitis
Happy to announce that Ploughcroft are now installing our two donated Charging Stations for £299 + VAT :biggrin:

I know I am going to regret posting this ... (it shows my naivete) ... but on their map it shows Heathrow Marriot as having a charging point.

It also states that it is a Level 3 for Tesla.

Not having owned a Roadster but being a RH for S, and knowing that S is not compatible with USA Level 3, was Roadster compatible?

If not ... well, you know my question!

It also states that it is a Level 3 for Tesla
sorry, but I can't find a reference to "Level 3" at Heathrow/Windsor Marriott on Open Charge Map or Zero:Net could you tell me where you found that?

That said, you are correct that this Hotel does have a 60A HPC. Unfortunately, I do not believe the Model S will be able to use this Charging Station unless Tesla (or a third party) produce a HPC-to-Model_S adaptor.

Maybe different map I was referring to, and I have ****'s the Level 3 reference:

Open Charge Map - Zero Carbon World

In caption it says:

Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel

Ditton Road
Langley
Slough
England
SL3 8PT
01753 544244
[email protected]
Equipment Details

Comments:
60A Tesla HPC - tested. A gateway location beside Heathrow Airport, offering a charging stop for Tesla Roadster drivers coming from the east of England, London or the Channel Tunnel towards the west of England, Wales and Ireland (via Fishguard). Also links the South Coast of England to the Midlands and routes North. Please when visiting inform the hotel staff and spend some money to thank the Heathrow/Windsor Marriot Hotel for the investment they put into creating this facility.

Access:
Michael Kalinowski (Head of Engineering)

Number Of Points: 1
Usage: Public
Operator: Zero Carbon World
Last Updated: 54 days ago
Connection Power Level Status Qty
Tesla Connector *** Level 3 (High Power) ***
70A/230V/~16.1kW (Approx)
Operational 1
Comments and Ratings

No comments submitted.